Sparkling Diamonds

Giving You Up.

"What would you like me to do?" he asked me, his fingers stretching out and cracking.

He wanted to take a hold of my hand but his rational mind still held him back. I reached out to him and held his hand to put him out of his misery. I could see his race relax slightly as he gripped my hand as if his touch would heal me of all my wounds.

I brought his fingers up to my lips and rested them there. My lips pouted slightly, as if I was about to kiss them but never completed the motion. I looked up to him, our eyes connecting. His adam's apple bobbled as I heard him take a sharp breath.

I closed my eyes, sighing. I completed the motion as his hand moved to my cheek. I pressed my face into his hand, comforted by the action. The weight of the bed shifted as Benedict slid his way over to me.

He lay upon his stomach on the bed beside me with one arm sliding around the back of my head while the other, that he had placed upon my face, slipped away to my hips. Slowly, I opened my eyes to find Benedict's sea green pools seeping into my own.

Ben looked away from me after a moment, as if embarrassed by his actions, as he said, "Sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

He pulled himself away from me and was about to slip away from the bed when I stopped him. With my free, unbroken arm, I took hold of his small hips and pulled it back to my body. It felt strangely comfortable having his hips pressing slightly against my hips.

"Don't move…" I said, his firm and ample body fitting against my own.

I could feel that he was hesitant in letting himself falling upon me so with some pressure placed upon his hips, I drew him so that his body connected with my own. HIs head slipped next to mine, his soft skin brushing against my cheek.

There was a soft prickle of his almost unseen beard as Benedict's lips breathed against my ear as he said, "Martin always says I am a little to forward."

"Forward is what I need," I said. "I've been hiding away for too long, letting things go passed without even a second glance. I need to feel you now to know what I am giving up."

"I'm not the one you're giving up," Benedict said, hoisting himself up from beside me and looking straight down to me. "Am I?"

I reached up to him and took his face in mine, saying, "No, you're the one I'm giving everything up for…my goal, my motivation for why I am doing what I am doing. Just, please…don't leave my side."

A soft smile played about Benedict's lips as he placed those curvaceous lips that almost didn't seem real upon my fore head. When he spoke, I felt his breath wash over me, "I'll always be here for you."

Benedict slide off to the side of the bed, removing his shoes and socks and slipping underneath the covers beside me. He was still dressed in his trousers and open necked shirt but he didn't mind that he was creasing his clothes -- he just wanted to be with me.

My arm picked up occasionally in pain, but it was nothing when I had Benedict there to help me through the pain. Soon enough, I felt myself resting my head resting upon his firm chest with his arm wrapping around my waist as he drew me into him.

I buried my head there, taking in his sent. It was a strange smell…like he wasn't wearing any perfume or deodorant. It was a very manly smell that wasn't sexy or sultry, it was comfortable…as if he was comfortable around me. This made me bury my head further into his chest because I could just not get enough.

"Are you okay?" I felt Benedict laugh.

I made a pleasant noise as I wafted off into a dark dream I wished I had never let myself get involved in. It entrapped me before I even realised I was in it and I couldn't get out.

It was filled with varying shades of blues, blacks, and greys. Smoke painted the figures that appeared before and around me. I spun around in the darkness, watching the coloured smoke draw a picture of my husband leaping towards me with a knife in hand.

I ducked down, throwing my hands up in front of me as if it would protect me from the blade. When it was about to come in contact with my skin, the smoke figure of my husband disappeared. He reappeared, however, behind me as I slowly stood up from the ground.

I didn't notice him until I felt a cold, ghost like hand try to press itself into my shoulder but went straight through. It felt like a cold shiver running through my body as I tensed up and let him run through me.

The feeling disappeared as I let out a deep, haggard breath. I hand't even realised that I had been holding my breath. I turned slowly to the place where I had thought he had been. He appeared again beside me, not far from when I stood.

"Don't think you can escape me," he spat. "I'll always be with you."

"Don't think you can always be with me," I spat back, turning to him. "I can be rid of you."

A harshness spread through him, pouring out through every single possible pore. I could feel his anger from the distance he was standing at…even though he was only smoke, only in my dreams.

"Leave me alone!" I screamed as I shut my eyes and tensed my body.

My eyes snapped back open to see Bianca's room about me. I sat up, breathing heavily. There was a slight sweat upon my brow as I felt my body shake underneath the covers.

From beside me, I saw Benedict scream out in shock as he fell off the side of the bed with a thump. I glanced down to him, making me giggle slightly as I managed to calm myself down. He popped his head up from the side of the bed and threw his arms over the edge as he rested his chin upon them.

"Gave me a little fright, didn't you?" he said, his hair now all messy and slept upon.

There is a resounding crash that came from the other side of the door as both Benedict and I cast our eyes to the door. We listened to voice growing louder and louder, especially as they approached he door.

Fearing for the worst, Benedict pulled himself onto the bed and placed himself in front of me for protection. As a result, I pressed my back against the wall and slid my broken arm behind my back in hopes of protecting it even further.

I'm not sure how many days it had been but I had reason to suspect that the commotion had only been caused by my husband. I fearfully glanced to Benedict, knowing that he would get a scolding from my disturbed husband. I could only guess the he had expected such a day to come.

Bianca stumbled through the door and was cast to the side as my husband pushed through the door and took the first few steps towards Benedict, who stood up from his place on the bed and narrowed the gap between them. I bit my bottom lip as I prayed that no harm would become of Benedict.

From the side of the door, Bianca moved towards me and sat down on the bed beside me. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and activated it.

"Have you called them police?" I whispered to her, glancing between her phone and my husband.

"Texting them now," she replied as she quickly typed in a message and sent it off.

"You can do that?" I asked.

She smiled softly but that was soon wiped off her face as my husband saw what she was doing. Benedict tried to stop him from moving towards us but failed to do so as he was cast onto the bed, his head snapping against the edge of the bed, as he fell to the ground.

I wanted to yell out to see that he was okay but I didn't have the chance to as my husband pulled the phone from Bianca's fingers. He held the phone up in between us, Bianca's mouth hanging open in shock. My husband squashed the phone within his fingers as if it was nothing at all.

He cast the remnants of the phone across the bed as he turned his attentions to me, saying, "You."

I scowled at him as he launched himself at me. As he did so, I swung my broken arm from around behind me and used the cast that encased my arm as a weapon. I hit him hard across the face, hearing a deathly crush as my husband fell onto the bed gripping his nose.

Blood poured from in between his fingers as he gripped at his nose. Ignoring the cry of Bianca and the movements of Benedict, I jumped onto my husband and ignored the cries of pain of my broken arm.

I slipped my legs around his waist and threw my broken arm across his face once again before pressing my enclosed fist against his neck. He had to drop his hands from his nose to reveal how severely broken it was.

With all the strength and courage that I thought I had, I said, "Who do you think you are coming in here like you own me."

"I do own you," my husband said, sounding nasally as blood spurted in short bursts from his nose.

"Not anymore," I said as Benedict hoisted himself up from the floor and tried to pull me off my husband as the police hurried through the bedroom door.

When they saw the situation that presented itself to them, they moved towards my husband, and with the help of Benedict, pulled me from my husband. I screamed and spat as I cursed him out of the room.

Benedict picked me up like a baby and brought me into the lounge room where he set me down upon one of the seats out on the couch. From the bedroom, Bianca bought a clean sheet that hadn't been splattered in my husband's blood as he wrapped it around me.

"I'll take care of this," she said as she approached an officer that was about to start asking me questions.

Benedict sat down on the couch beside me and reached out to my broken arm. He touched it gingerly, not wanting to hurt me more than I already was. I said that I was okay and opened one of the gaps of the sheets, letting him join me underneath the covers. I was grateful for his warm because his warmth was all I needed.

When Bianca said that she would handle the police, she didn't do a very good job of it because the next thing I knew, there was a heavy woman sitting on one of the seats from the kitchen table in front of me with a pen and notepad in her hand.

Soon enough, I was recounting my whole story from the day that I first met James, my husband.