Sparkling Diamonds

All That Remained Important.

Benedict pushed his fingers through my hair, holding it here as he searched my eyes, saying, "I don't think I ever could, even if I tried."

I smiled weakly and was about to lean in to kiss him once more upon the lips if i wasn't for Eliza appearing at the door. She held the home phone extended out in front of her.

"I know this is a really bad time but it's work," Eliza said. "And I think that you have to put off your little trip to Brighton."

I groaned and hoisted myself up from my position in front of me. Benedict dropped his hands to his side, all his emotion disappearing as I left his side to take the phone from Eliza.

Placing the phone to my ear, I said, "Hello, this is Di."

"Hi, this is Mark," said the voice over the phone. "Are you free to talk?"

I glanced around to Eliza and Benedict, eying them out of the room. Eliza reluctantly left while Benedict refused to leave. I rolled my eyes and went to sit on the side of the bed as Benedict followed my lead in doing so.

Benedict sat against the wall as he pulled me into his lap, my head resting in the crook of his neck. He lay his hand around my waist as he curled up his legs underneath me so it was like I was sitting in a human bean bag, only more comfortable.

"Yeah," I responded. "What's up?"

"I heard about what happened and I'm sorry to hear it."

"Thanks for your concern," I said, resting my hand hand upon Benedict's cheek as he slipped his face beside mine and placed his chin upon my shoulder.

He nudged me to switch the phone over to the other ear so he could hear what Mark was saying to me. I tried to swat Benedict away but he was like an annoying fly that was stuck in honey.

"It's good to hear that you are well but as you know, we have a television show to film and we've postponed it for long enough."

"I understand," I replied. "When were you planning on starting to film again?"

"Tomorrow, hopefully. Is that okay with you?"

I could hear Benedict make a noise of annoyance when he heard what his producer said and before I could respond in kind, Benedict spoke instead, saying, "You couldn't have picked more of an inconvenient time but so be it."

"Ben? Is that you?"

"No, it's Moriaty," he said sarcastically. "Who do you think it is?"

"Don't be so rude," I scowled.

"Glad to hear someone has finally managed to get you on a tight leash,"

Benedict rolled his eyes as he said, "Can you at least push it back a few days?"

"No can do, Mr. Holmes. We're on an even tighter schedule now. Need to get this first episode filmed."

"Tomorrow will be fine," I said, poking Benedict in the ribs as I answered Mark. "Just send through the call sheet and I'll make sure the both of us are there."

"He better be there."

"Bye, Mark," I said, finally hanging up the home phone and casting it across the bed full of memories.

I turned slightly so I could fully look at Ben. We gazed at each other a moment, his painted lips slightly red from our moment of passion and his shirt still dishevelled. I picked at his buttons, slowly undoing one by one as we held each others eyes.

"Really didn't to go in tomorrow," Benedict pouted as I felt his arms tighten around me.

"No shit, Sherlock," I giggled, running my hands up his dimpled chest that I had uncovered and along his line neck, resting just under his jaws.

"Funny," Benedict laughed, burying his nose within my messy hair and breathing it in.

From the door to the bedroom, Bianca appeared and glared at us across the room, saying, "Come on, guys. Let's get you out of here." Ben and I groaned, not wanting to leave each other. "Oh, go be all lovey-dovey elsewhere. Especially where I can't see you."

I eventually pulled Benedict from the bed of memories and from the room. I shut the light behind me, glad to be rid of this apartment. Bianca promised that she would ring my land lady that afternoon to say that I no longer was going to be one of her tenants -- one of her better tenants when my "husband" wasn't around.

Eliza was waiting in the hallway by the lift, pressing the down button repeatedly. Benedict and I joined her as Bianca locked up. She joined us just as we were about to enter the lift.

Bianca offered for me to stay at hers for a few nights so I could get back on my feet and find another apartment that wouldn't remind me of him. I declined because I found a more stable home that wouldn't require me putting up with the rukus if Bianca brought home "friends."

Eliza offered for me to stay at hers also but I had to decline her offer also. They were confused at where I would be staying at first but they soon understood whom I would be rooming with for a while.

We said goodbye until the following day for the shooting of season 3 of "Sherlock" as Benedict and I caught a taxi to his apartment on the other side of the city. I watched the world go passed as if nothing had happened -- no one knew of what I had just been through except for a hand full of people.

I was grateful for the fact that my life wasn't such a big of a deal and plastered on the front of every magazine or newspaper but now that I was starting to become romantically involved with Benedict, I would have to get used to the fact that more then my friends and co-workers would start talking about me. At least I had Ben by my side.

Benedict paid for the fair as we got out of the taxi to stand out the front of a dingy old building. I took hold of my suitcase as I looked around me, getting kind of scared at the dark and dirty part of London that I tried to avoid.

"Are you sure you're in the right place?" I said worriedly.

"I think I would know where I lived," Benedict commented as he lead me up to a security coded door to the foyer of his apartment building.

The foyer looked as shanty as its exterior and I seriously doubted that I had made the right decision in going to spend the next few days with Benedict. I went to the lifts opposite the entrance to the building when I noticed that Ben hovered over to the side to a more private lift.

I raised an eyebrow as I followed him into a small lift that could just fit the two of us plus the suitcase that I brought in with me. I noticed that there was only one level button for the lift and for it to work, Benedict pressed his thumb against a small fingerprint reader by the level button.

It flashed green as the doors closed and it took us up to the only level it was required to attend to. When the doors opened, I got the biggest shock of my entire life. We stepped out into a beautifully decorated lounge room of deep reds and sparkling golds.

I walked into the lounge room with my mouth hanging right open, seeing a small chandelier hanging from the tall roof above. There was a set of stairs that lead up to a second level where each of the walls were covered by floor to celling bookshelves with not a single space in them.

There was a desk hiding away in the corner where the platforming of the second level stopped by the window. Underneath the second level were movie posters from the early in the twentieth century that starred Clark Gable and Janet Leigh. There were also various costumes that Benedict had managed to steal from the various sets he had been upon, including Gandalf's staff -- which I still don't know how he managed to steal.

The floor was lined with dark wooden panels with a large rug lining where the television set was with couches surrounding it. There were a few DVD's cluttered around the television and a bowl of food left untouched and growing old. Near by the television was the kitchen that looked brand spanking new apart from a few pots and pans that hung around in the sink and upon the white benches.

Off to the side, amongst the movie posters, Benedict revealed to me his bedroom and where I would be staying for a few days. I went to rest my suitcase at the end of the bed, clearly not as keen to stay in there as much as Benedict was as I rushed out into the lounge room once again to stare at all the posters that he had collected.

"It's like I have died and gone to heaven," I commented as Benedict joined me.

"The last thing I would have wanted you to do was to die," he said. "You said for me to never leave you and I hope to keep that promise."

I smiled as I sunk into his arms as we shuffled adjacent to the wall studying each of the posters. He would tell me later that behind one of the movie posters was a safe containing all that remained important to him but one thing -- me.