Sparkling Diamonds

Possession.

I was back in the house that I called by the next night and I was glad that I didn't have to spend a long period of time in the hospital. A doctor would come by the apartment twice a week to check upon me until I had enough strength to come to see him myself.

Benedict, however, barely left my side. I "face time-d" my way into work via Eliza and Bianca's iPhones whenever they needed me and by the phone calls that I received from Mark, I could tell that he was starting to regret hiring me in the first place because of the drama that I had caused.

The only reason why, I guess, why he had not taken any action in particular was because I was now attached to Benedict and he didn't really want to upset the lead of the television show because God knows, a lot was riding on him.

That being said, however, I wasn't sure how much good I was doing for him. Benedict, that is. When he came home from a long day on the same set from the previous day, I could see that all that he was thinking about was coming home to me to make sure that I was okay.

I hoped that he was giving his usual brilliant performance for the camera and that I wasn't effecting him too much. They way he sat down on the bed beside me, resting a kind hand upon my leg to slowly wake me from a deep slumber, told me that everything was alright now that he was with me.

I blinked a few times, clearing my blurry eyes, as I focused upon the man who sat by my side. I reached down to his hands, taking hold of his long fingers in mine. When he clasped my hands in his, his hands made my own look small. I felt small around him, but protected at that.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Benedict muttered softly.

"I had a feeling, but I wasn't sure," I returned.

"I know I haven't officially asked you but, we're together now," Benedict said, looking up to me with kind eyes. Though they were kind, I could tell that there was something slightly different that was growing within him. "You could at least confide in me."

"A lot has happened to me over the last ten or so years," I said. "And if I can't even confide in my friends, who I must admit did not want to know what was going on in my life half the time, I don't even know how I am meant to let ten years worth of pain onto someone I met only, what? A week ago?"

"You could at least try…" Benedict reasoned. "I love you, Di. We both know that. Just let me in."

I took a deep breath, taking my hands from his as I rested them upon my truly flat stomach. A lot had gone on in that region of my body, especially recently, but I was determined not to let that effect me.

I knew that it was Benedict's birthday tomorrow, and he had already seen one of the main gifts that I would be giving him when his friends and family streamed through those front doors into the apartment.

I pulled myself up from the bed into a sitting position. Despite Benedict's harshness towards me only moments before, he bounded towards me and helped me up to the position that I desired. I leaned against the wall behind me as I cast my eyes over to him.

"I'm letting you in more then you realise," I said. "I wanted to start a family with you because I knew for so long that you wanted to have one for so long. That painting out there…" I motioned out to the lounge room where the painting I had done last night. "That I drew of the three of us was only the first step of a whole lot more, if you only looked closely."

"What do you mean?" he said, brows furrowing as he fell into a deep thought.

"That child was the only grip that my ex-husband, James, had on me," I said. "I know he still wanted some sort of possession over me so he must have thought all those time he had placed himself inside of me, some essence must have connected itself with me forever."

"So that was what my lawyer called me about yesterday," Benedict said, falling back onto the bed with a sigh. "I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore. Thank God."

"It's not really something to thank God about…losing a child," I said. "But so be it. I will be glad to be rid of him forever."

"Agreed," he replied, one of his long, careful fingers poking into his pocket.

"When is everyone coming over tomorrow?" I asked, slowly getting myself out of the bed without making a fuss.

"Around 9pm, so we have some time," he replied, finally seeing that I was trying to get out of bed and make my way into the wardrobe. "What are you trying to do?"

"It's late night shopping tonight, is it not?" I asked. "And it is your birthday tomorrow, so I want to look nice."

I fumbled for my mobile phone on the bedside table as Benedict slid himself up the bed, upon his stomach, and pushing me back down on the bed. I giggled a little as he rested his head upon my stomach. It felt a little strange to have it there, since there was no child left inside it.

This thought made my stomach knot, tighten in pain at the thought that I had just lost a child. This thought that I lost a child that belonged to James was something else completely. I was glad, in a way, that the child did not have to grow up know that their father was a man who abused their mother into having a child.

To have a fresh start, a clean slate, was a blessing in disguise and there was no way that I could ignore that fact. Miscarriage was a sensitive issue and I could understand why Ben was having such a hard time, trying not to provoke me in his frustrations in trying to deal with me.

"I'm not letting you leave the house," he said to me.

"I need some fresh air," I replied, dialling in Bianca and Eliza's numbers for a three way conversation.

"Then go on the balcony," he persisted.

"Stop being so protective," I returned, resting my small fingers in his tight brown curls. He looked up at me as I scrunched his hair between my fingers, his eyes watching. I dipped down at kissed him upon the forehead as I pressed the mobile to my ear. "Love you."

In an oversized t-shirt that I had borrowed from Benedict, and clearly he didn't mind because he was recognising it as I waited for Eliza and Bianca to pick up their mobiles. Surely they had finished work by now.

His fingers ran along the edges of the oversized, dark blue t-shirt of old. It read the University of Manchester upon my chest in gold writing. His fingers were starting to get dangerously confident as they moved up my abused legs.

I slapped him away, glaring, but this did not phase him. Benedict gave me a cheeky grin as he continued his trek up my leg. I tried to ignore him, letting out a sigh as I looked elsewhere in the room.

Finally, after I re-dialed multiple times, Bianca and Eliza picked up their phones. Bianca picked up first, and I explained to her the situation of tomorrow night and the predicament that I had nothing to wear. Just before Eliza picked up, she asked if she was invited in which I replied, "Are you kidding? Of course you are!"

"Plus one?"

"Depends who it is and you don't end up in my bed sleeping together like rabbits!" I exclaimed.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"Whatever," I said as I heard Eliza pick up the phone and I repeated myself for her. "And yes, of course you are invited. I assume Martin would not think it to be a party without you there."

"Damn right it won't be." Eliza commented. "I have the perfect dress, however, unlike the rest of you guys."

"If Benedict eventually lets me out of the apartment," I said, glancing down at him to realise that he already had the t-shirt up above my waist, his lips pressing against my stomach and his fingers pressing into my underwear covered hips. "I'll meet you guys at that place we just can't seem to get Bianca out of."

"Took the words right out of my mouth, sister!" Bianca said, a small laugh coming through the phone. "See you guys in twenty minutes?"

Benedict began sucking at various spots upon my stomach, careful not to leave any more bruises upon my body. I muttered for him to remove himself from me, saying for leave it to tomorrow, he ignored my cries and continued on kissing every single part of exposed skin that he managed to uncover.

"Make it half an hour," I said before I shut the lid of my mobile and delve into a long winded yet passionate kiss from Benedict.

His legs intwined with mine as he pressed his body against me, the curve of mine meshing with the firm, toned presence of his. I could feel him shifting on top of me, half on top of me I should say. Half of his body was pressing against me as he balanced himself out not he rest of the bed.

His bottom lip pulled up against mine, wrapping it in this sweet yet sour tasted he portrayed. This only made me want more as I felt his wondering fingers pull against my hips and run along the side of my body.

Pulling against his hair, wrapping his curls in each of my fingers as our lips fought for control. One thing that he did manage to gain control over was his old shirt hat I wore. He pulled it over my head so that I lay on the bed semi-connected with him in my underwear.

Then, he separated himself from my lips and pushed my head up slightly with a tap of his finger where he pressed his succulent lips against my neck. I felt his tongue running along my collar bone as I lost sight of myself and what I was doing.

I removed his jacket and shirt, casting it to the side. I ran my hands along his exposed shoulders, feeling ever pore of his skin and ever bump in his muscles. He hunched his back over as he pressed his lower part of his body into me, showing that he wanted something he couldn't use his lips to express.

I took his face in my hands and pulled with all my strength to remove him from my neck. His mouth hung open, his lower lip dangling there disappointed. I saw the desire in his eyes, wanting to go further, but I knew that it all was going to fast.

"I know how much you want this but I've got somewhere to be," I said, searching him.

"Give me five minutes," he stated, about to resume his activities when I pulled him back up to my lips once more, kissing him to stop him in his tracks.

"Is that all it takes you?" I said with a smirk, seeing a glint of playfulness in his eye. "I love you but not now."

He kissed me upon the lips once more before letting me go, saying, "I'm glad to know that you feel the same."

WIth that, I moved slowly from the bed and with the help of Benedict, I dressed in a simple flowery shirt, jacket and jeans with some flat soled boots so I didn't have to try and maintain my balance in my current state.

Benedict escorted me to the store that Bianca, Eliza, and I had agreed to meet up at. I really wish he didn't have to help me that much but I could see the determination for him to help me to where I needed to go.

With linked arms, we walked into a small boutique store with dresses lining the walls along with shoes that I wouldn't even dream of wearing. I looked around, always astounded at the sight of the new clothes that they brought in.

By one of the changing rooms I saw Eliza sitting upon one of the chairs, one leg crossed over the other, as she waited for a changing Bianca. She brightened when she saw Benedict and I wondering our way through the store.

"If I knew that we were bringing people, I would have asked someone to come," she said, standing up from her seat and ushering me into it. "Thanks, Benedict."

Benedict nodded with a smile before departing. He winked at me from the door before he left, which only made me blush. Eliza eyed me as she took one of the other seats beside the one that I sat in and asked, "So what made you so late?"

"Benedict and I…" I started before Bianca jumped out of the changing room, hearing the change of subject that Eliza and I were talking about.

"Continue," she said to me, kneeling down in between Eliza and I.

"We got distracted," I said, trying not to shy away from telling my friends what had actually happened…well, not the full details but the quick version of the events that had occurred.

"Ahh," Bianca said, her eyebrow raising. "I see what you did."

I smiled weakly as Bianca jumped up from her position and said, "Time for you to look beautiful for that special someone."