Status: Dedicating this story to the lovely, The Color Abi. It's from John's POV

Flipped!

Chapter 1

The sun shines through the hotel window, lighting up the room. The alarm clock next to the bed says 8:07 in bold, red letters. It's too early. I close my eyes and roll over, trying to go back to sleep. It's no use. When the alarm clock reads 8:15, I decide to get my ass out of bed to go take a shower.

Something doesn't feel right.

I push the odd feeling to the back of my mind, convincing myself that I'm just a little hung over. I look in the bathroom mirror. I look exactly like Adam.

Then, it hits me.

Why do I look like Adam?

It’s only a dream, John. This isn’t really happening. You just dozed off, that’s all.”

I turn on the sink and splash cold water on my face. Adam is still staring back at me in the mirror. This isn't a dream. Thousands of questions are going through my head all at once. How did this happen? Did everyone switch bodies? How do we switch back? Can we switch back?

Someone knocks on the door.

"John! Are you awake yet? We have to get going. We're not gonna be able to make it to Arkansas in time for the show if you don't hurry." It sounds like Eddie. He must be okay. So it's just us then?

"I'm about to go take a shower!" I shout back, hoping he hears me.

I sound like Adam.

"I thought this was John's room."

"No, John is in the room next door." I lie. I don't want to let anyone know until I talk to Adam first.

I look in the mirror again before hopping in the shower.

At least I'm pretty.

Taking a shower in your friend's body is not something you ever want to experience. I get out of the shower as fast as I possibly can, hoping just scrubbing under my arms would suffice as clean enough. With my towel wrapped around my waist, I head towards my suitcase to find something to wear. I thank every God possible that we are about the same size. My shirt is a little too short and the hem of my pants ride up above my ankles when I sit down but, it will work until I can get some of Adam's own clothes.

"John!" I hear my own distressed voice outside the door.

I open it, seeing myself standing there, practically in tears.

"Do you know what happened?" I ask.

Adam shakes his head.

"No. I just woke up and I looked like you."

Neither of us know how this happened. Wonderful. How are we supposed to switch back if we don't even know how we switched in the first place? I'm trying my best to keep my composure. Freaking out won't solve anything.

"Well, since we're in each other's bodies until God-knows-when, we could at least have a little bit of fun." I say, trying to cheer him up.

"Yeah..." He sighs, relaxing a little bit. "Let's go change clothes and get something to eat."

I nod and follow him to his hotel room. He digs through a pile of clothes on the floor until he finds a wrinkled shirt and some jeans.

"Wear these." He demands.

I pull the shirt over my head. It smells like sweat, alcohol, and smoke. I realize it's the shirt he wore yesterday.

"You don't have any clean clothes?" I ask, pulling the shirt off. The smell is too much for me to deal with after I just took a shower.

"Yeah, but, I don't feel like getting it out of my suitcase."

I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine. I'll pick something out, myself."

I rummage through his suitcase, finally settling on a plaid button-down shirt and a different pair of jeans. I change my clothes, not really caring if he sees me naked or not. After all, it is his body. Adam takes the opportunity to check himself out, giving me a wolf whistle as I try to squeeze myself into the jeans. I toss him my clothes since they're clean already and look away as he changes. I don't need to see myself changing.

"Alright, let's get something to eat now." He says, buttoning his last button.

"Take a shower first. If you're in my body, you have to keep yourself clean."

He groans.

"I don't want to see you naked, that's weird. Don't be weird, John."

That thought didn't even cross my mind when I took a shower.

"Just go do it."

I'm surprised that he actually turns around and heads towards the bathroom without putting up that much of a fight.

As long as this isn't permanent, this could be fun for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously, this isn't true. I don't know any of the people in this story personally. If you think this is real, please leave the internet. Sorry for any typos, I'm running on very little sleep. I don't know how long this story will be but, this definitely isn't the end.
Also: I went back and edited because I feel like my chapters are way too damn short.