Status: Dedicating this story to the lovely, The Color Abi. It's from John's POV

Flipped!

Chapter 3

We're back on the bus. I crawl into Adam's bunk and pull back the curtain. It's impossible for me to sleep no matter how hard I try. Adam is probably somewhere on the bus doing things only he would do. Finally, I decide to get up.

"Hey, Adam?" Shaun asks, opening up a beer.

I want one. It's such a shame Adam hates beer. I make my way to the mini-fridge and grab a bottle of Jack Daniels.

"Hm?"

It still takes me a second to realize that he's talking to me. I need to get used to being called by a different name.

"Did you eat the last of the chips?"

"No, I think Adam di--" I cut myself off, realizing I made a mistake.

"Did you just call yourself Adam?" He asks, laughing.

"I meant John. I'm still half asleep."

I laugh a little too hard. He doesn't seem to notice. God, he's oblivious. Adam appears from his bunk, yawning and stretching.

"Mpphmm..." He groans. "Adam, can you come here for a second?"

"For what?"

"I need to ask you something."

He leads me to his bunk. I'm surprised he hasn't fucked anything up yet. I can hear Eddie and Mark snoring on the other side of the bus. It's not even four o'clock and everyone is sleeping already. We all know we have to have energy for the show tonight.

"What did you want to ask me?" I ask.

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you. I have an idea."

Here it comes. This is going to be brilliant.

"Eddie told me when we got on the bus that we were probably going to arrive at the venue about half an hour early. Traffic wasn't really as bad as we expected."

I nod, signaling him to go on. He continues.

"We can practice being each other."

It's not a bad idea. Thirty minutes is enough time to learn how to fake it.

"Okay."

He smiles, looking proud of his idea. I note that I have a handsome smile.

"How are we going to get away from everyone?" I ask.

His smile fades. I have just rained on his parade. He thinks about it for a minute. The smile returns.

"I have an idea. Just don't worry about it."

I don't ask questions. Never ask Adam Lazzara questions.

"Are you guys making out in there or something? How long does it take to ask a question?" Shaun calls.

"I'm trying to help him fix his phone." I lie, grabbing his phone from beside his pillow.

I'm a good liar. The phone vibrates.

"Oh. I fixed it."

"Thanks."

Our exchange sounds awkward and forced. I'm glad no one is paying attention to us anymore.

The rest of the ride is uneventful. We're in Bradley Arkansas, now. Mark informs us that there's only about six hundred people living there. He also let's us know that we'll be at the venue in less than two hours. I keep myself busy by putting my hair in pigtails. It's something Adam would do. Mark looks up at me from his phone, shakes his head, and then looks back down again.

"You're being quiet, John." I point out, trying to get Adam to do something other than sit around.

He's going to start making the other guys think I'm upset.

"Sorry. I don't really feel good. I think I feel a migraine coming on." He rubs his temples and crawls into my bunk.

My phone vibrates. I look at my text messages.

just play along

"Maybe we can take a little trip to Walmart and pick up some aspirin or something. I think we can find one somewhere." I suggest.

"Yeah. We're kinda running low on alcohol." Eddie adds.

Dammit Eddie. You're not supposed to come with us.

"I'll take care of it. You should help Mark and Shaun get ready and everything."

What am I even saying? Luckily, Eddie agrees with me and drops the conversation.

I spend the last two hours of the ride staring absentmindedly out the window. Adam has fallen asleep again. I cringe at the sound of myself snoring. Eventually, The bus stops outside of the venue. Now we just have to get away for a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea why I picked Arkansas. I guess I just didn't want to pick some place predictable like Vegas or San Francisco or something. Who knows? I'm almost done with this story. The next chapter will probably be the last and then I'm going to start on something else. This chapter is short because I typed it kinda fast and I didn't want to add too much filler.

Thanks to the few people who are actually reading this! it makes me happy:D