Status: Dedicating this story to the lovely, The Color Abi. It's from John's POV

Flipped!

Chapter 4

"Are you ready for this?" Adam asks, picking up my guitar and playing a couple of chords.

"No."

It's true. My hands are shaking. We had hitched a ride from a couple of fans to a nearby Walmart where we practiced being each other for a while. Now, we're back at the venue. The opening band finishes their last song. My mouth feels dry.

"I'm gonna throw up." I say, sitting down on the floor and putting my head in my hands.

"You're gonna be fine." Adam says, rubbing my back, comfortingly.

"What's wrong with Adam?" Mark asks, noticing me on the floor with my knees to my chest.

"He's just being a fucking drama queen again." Adam says.

I find it funny that he would say that about himself.

"Okay well, hurry up and get over it. We need to go up on stage right now before the crowd starts getting pissed."

How very kind of you, Mark.

The crowd is now chanting for us to come onstage. Reluctantly, I get up and make my way to the center of the stage. The crowd roars. I don't know what to do. I'm frozen. Eddie looks at me and mouths something along the lines of "what's wrong?"

I can't do this. I glance at Adam who is picking at a guitar string, waiting for me to do something. I can't let him down.

"Good evening Little Rock!" I yell.

It's a cliche rock-n-roll line, but the crowd doesn't seem to mind. They scream and cheer. Someone throws a bra onstage. I feel a little bit less uncomfortable now. Shaun plays the beginning of "Liar."

This isn't so bad.

We finish the set. I'm covered in bruises where I hit myself with the microphone. I can taste blood in my mouth and I'm pretty sure I knocked out a tooth. When we get backstage, I apologize to Adam for the lost tooth.

"It's okay. It's not the first time its happened." He reassures me. "You did great up there by the way."

"Thanks. "

I'm sure he could sense my awkwardness on stage but he doesn't comment on it. After all, he messed up a few riffs himself. The fans didn't notice.

"Are you guys hooking up behind our back? You've been inseparable since we left the hotel." Shaun jokes.

We switched bodies, okay? Mind your own damn business.

I grab Adam's face and playfully give him a sloppy kiss on the lips. Kissing myself feels strange. He pushes me off, acting annoyed. We know each other too well.

"We didn't tell you? We're getting married!" I say sarcastically.

"Ew." Shaun groans, turning away from us to hand his bass to a roadie.

Mark and Eddie are now laughing hysterically at our antics.

As fun as being Adam is, I miss being me. I like being the level-headed one. I'm sure Adam misses being himself, too.

It's almost midnight by the time the bus takes off. We're going to stop at another hotel. I feel sweaty and gross. The hotel is about half an hour away. Mark is complaining about the blisters on his hand inflicted by his drum sticks. I light a cigarette. No one cares if we smoke on the bus or not as long as we don't set anything on fire. I realize I'm starving.

The hotel receptionist gives us a strange look as we walk in. I'm assuming it's because we're sweaty and half drunk. We take our room keys and head off towards our rooms.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" I ask Adam.

"Yeah. I'm not really tired yet."

We ask the other guys if they want to come with us. They decline, each coming up with a different reason.

I'm glad the hotel food is free with our stay. It only means we can spend more money on drinks. By two o' clock in the morning, we're both wasted. Adam is stumbling around and I decide we should get back to our hotel rooms before he makes me look like a mess. Honestly, though; I'm not doing much better. We eventually find our rooms. I can't see straight enough to get my keys in the door. Adam is laughing about something. I give up and decide to spend the night in his room.

The clock reads 2:37 am. That's the last thing I remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second to the last chapter. I decided to make the story longer.
I don't even know why Shaun is an asshole in this story XD.
also: writing from a first person's point of view when their bodies are switched is a little bit tricky so, I hope it's not confusing.
comments are always welcome <3