Status: Dedicating this story to the lovely, The Color Abi. It's from John's POV

Flipped!

Chapter 5

I wake up on the hotel room floor. Adam is sleeping horizontally on the bed with his head hanging off one side of the bed and his feet hanging off the other. How did we even fall asleep like this?

"Adam!"

He makes a strange grumbling noise and rolls over on his back. I stand up and shake him gently.

"C'mon. Get up."

He sits up fast and looks at me before running to the bathroom. I guess my body doesn't hold alcohol as well as his does.

"Are you okay?" I ask, rubbing his back as he's hunched over the toilet.

"I don't want to be you anymore." He sobs.

"I don't want to be you either but--Why are you crying? Stop crying. I don't cry like that." I demand.

I know I'm being insensitive but, God, he's a mess. I walk away and look in the mirror. I don't look so hot myself. A hot shower seems like a dream come true.

"I'm taking a shower." I tell him. "Don't forget to brush your teeth."

He responds with a few sniffles and a whimper.

The warm water is relaxing. I stay in the shower for what seems like hours. I'd stay longer but, I desperately need something to drink other than alcohol.

When I dry off and get dressed, I realize we don't have a show tonight. It feels good to have the day off. Especially, when I quite literally, can't be myself on stage. I leave the room to find Eddie at a vending machine in the lobby. I mentally bet myself he's going to get Mountain Dew. I'm right.

"Hey Adam." He says. "You and John look like shit. How late did you guys stay up?"

Leave it to Eddie to act like my dad.

"I think it was almost 3 when we passed out."

I take the soda out of his hand and gulp down nearly half of it. He gives me a disapproving look and wipes the mouth of the bottle off with the bottom of his shirt before he drinks any of it.

"We don't have to start leaving for Chicago until this evening. I'm just gonna hang around the hotel until then and work on some stuff. Mark and Shaun are going to try to find something out here to do." Eddie informs me.

I notice two young teenagers playing games on their laptops. A lady, who I assume is their mother is going on a tangent about how the should be doing research for school instead of playing games. It gives me an idea.

"Hey, Ed? Can I borrow your laptop?"

"For what?"

"I just need it."

"If you're gonna look at porn then, no. "

"I'm not gonna look at porn. I promise."

He gives me his hotel room key.

"Don't lock the keys in the room and don't break my computer. I need it."

I nod and head off towards his hotel room.

It's almost noon now. I'm sitting on the bed in my room with Adam hovering behind me.

"Click on that one." He says pointing to a blue link on the computer screen.

"Don't get fingerprints all over the screen."

I click on the link he pointed to.

"It says here that the best way to switch bodies is to...oh hell no." I say, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

Adam's eyes light up.

"I've always wanted to know what it would be like to fuck myself."

Who thinks about things like that?

"What is wrong with you?"

"It's not like we have to, y'know, be all romantic or anything. We can just..." He argues.

He makes little hand gestures representing sexual intercourse. I click the back button on my browser and find another link. There has to be another way we can switch back.

"Here's a different one." I tell him. "It says we can switch back when we realize what we appreciate about each other."

"What do you appreciate about me?" Adam asks.

I'm not good at this sappy stuff.

"I appreciate the way you always make me smile when I'm pissed off. " I mumble.

Adam grins.

"I like how you always forgive me even when I act like an ass."

"It didn't work." I state, pointing out the obvious.

"Maybe we have to give it some time."

I turn my attention back to the computer screen and read the rest of the article.

"Oh. We have to wait another twenty four hours."

I hug Adam. In twenty four hours, this will all be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if I like the ending or not. I feel like I should do a short epilogue after this. I'm glad I got this story finished, though so I can work on something else.
Thanks for reading and all your comments! It means a lot!<3