Kerosine and Desire

Prologue

Have you ever wanted something so bad, but couldn't have?
Ever made a wish on a star, just praying for it to come true?
Ever tried to kiss a frog, hoping that it might turn into Prince Charming and whisk you away in a carriage pulled by four white horses?
Have you ever thought about life and death?
Ever hope that you'll get another chance at life tomorrow?
Ever have to worry if your next breath might be you last?
Have you ever longed for something as precious as life itself?
What's the most difficult choice that you've ever made? Was it choosing between sometthing that can help to save your life, but it'll make you sick and weak; or dying? Has anything ever been that difficult of a choice for you?
It hasn't for me. And I fear now that it never will be.
It used to simple; my life.
Until last year, my Junior year, of high school. It all came crashing down the summer before. At first, I thought that my doctor was just kidding me when he told me the news. The awful, terrible news. He usually was a teaser with things like that. But that time he wasn't. He was serious. My jaw dropped at the news and I didn't want to believe him. Who does when you recieve that kind of news? But then reality hit, pretty quickly actually, and I knew that I had to go into it. My mom instantly burst into tears. I, on the other hand, didn't shed a tear. I was too consumed with shock and terror to even think about crying.
What I was so shocked about was the news. How was that even possible? No one in my family ever had that history! So, how on earth could I have it? But I had it. Have it.
Leukemia. I had Leukemia.
Cancer.