Status: Active

That Punk

Straight Edge?

Instead of going to church with Grandma, I go to the rec center with Phil. He and a bunch of straight edge get together and rock out. I tell Grandma it's my own spiritual ritual that helps me stay off of drugs. She liked the idea for the most part.

"If you ever touch the stuff again, you're coming to church every Sunday and every Wednesday for Bible study!"

So I stayed off the suff and stayed close to Phil. That was until Jill came around. She was the first girlfriend of Phil's that I met. She was also stright edge and it made me a bit jealous. When Phil's band was practcing, Jill was right there front and center keeping me away. So I started to go to church again. Grandma was happy, but she knew I wasn't.

"Why don't you go back to the boy?" She asked while chopping potatoes.

"Because he has a girfriend." I say washing the other vegetables.

"Psh! If I had let a girl get in my way, I would've never met your grandfather. God bless his soul." Grandma said. "Now you goin' get that boy out of the claws of that hussy."

I laugh. "Grandma, he's just a friend!"

"You say that now, but I see the way you look at him when he picks you up for school." Grandma says chopping the rest of the vegetables.

I feel my face turn red. "I guess I should pay more attention to that." I say. The kitchen phone rings as I played with my hair.

"Can you get that for me?" Grandma asked.
I ansered and get shocked by the voice.

"Hey Demi," Phil says.
"Hey...what's up?" My hand was on the receiver tingling.
"I'm just wondering if we're still okay? Ya'know?" He sounded nervous.
"What do you mean?" I ask curling the chord around my finger.
"You're not mad, are you?" He was definately nervous, which made me smile.
"No, I can never be mad at you..."

~~~~

I was chilling in my ring gear, which was basically a corset dress. It was pruple qith frills at the bottom. My calf high boots were resting on the couch with the rest of me. I had a comic and got comfortable, then Phil busts into the room.

"So Amy broke up with me." He said. "And now there's a beautiful woman on my couch, reading my comics."

I place the comic on my legs and sat up. "Come sit and tell me what's going on." I pat the seat next to me and Phil followed. He put his head in my lap and sighed.

"She went back to an ex." He said plainly. I started to pet his head. "Thanks, Dems."

"Yea, you know I'm here for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Demi's ring attire
Okay he's a third.
Subscribe/Comment.
Thanks.
--Domie