Status: Active

That Punk

This is My Best Day

Phil and I had lunch together so I always sat with his friends. They were cool, but some acted like they had never seen a girl before. I mean as many easy girls that walk around this place? Ugh.

Phil was driving me home one early spring day. He always talked about what he was gonna officially do when he leaves this popcicle stand. I was getting antsy since his leaving will take place in a matter of 2 1/2 months. Which meant I would be aloneā€¦again.

"So after you graduate, will you ever come back to see me?" I ask hoping I didn't seem too desparate.

"Oh yea, definately! When I make enough money, I'll buy one of those pager thingy's." He said. We stop in front of my house, but I don't wanna get out of his car.

"Did you wanna hang longer? You know it's Friday, right?" Phil asked looking at me with a deep seriousness.

"I would have to ask my grand--"

"She told me this morning that I should take you to a movie or something." Phil interrupted quickly. "Don't worry about money. I have a job, remember?"

"You are just so full of answers today, aren't you?" I ask tilting my head. Phil smirks and nods.

Then we're off to an evening of movies and the arcade. He hekd me during the scary parts of the horror film. He was like my superman saving from the zombie invasion--even though it was on screen.

When he drove me back home, it was about 6:30. I was so psyched, but I knew this would be ending soon.

"Let me help you with your books." Phil says helping me out of his car. Once we were at the door, I pull out my keys and unlock the door. I turn the knob and get bombarded with a huge:

"Surprise! Happy birthday!"

My grandmother, my parents, Phil's parents, and my sister were all there, smiling.

"I totally forgot it was my birthday." I say. Then I turn to Phil. "You knew, didn't you?"

"Yep, happy birthday." He said smiling and opening his arms for a hug.

This is where I will always love to be.
________

It's been months. I mean, I do get the occasional text asking 'how's it going?', but shouldn't he want to talk to me? They're not even on the same brand, yet she has him falling heads-over-heels for her! He was mine first! And she just took him away!

"Miranda, you're on in 5." A techie said interrupting my pissy thoughts.

I took a deep breath. "Calm down, Mandy." I say calling myself by my ring nickname. I stretch a bit and get into gorilla position. My opponent, Eve, was already there stretching her quads.

"Hey Eve, you ready?" I say smiling.

"Yep, ready to kick your ass." She says with a wink.

Eve and I were friends, since Beth cut my best friend out from the world. Eve's really nice and peppy. She can make anything fun--even a match.

After our match, Eve asked to talk with me. I agree, we met in the Divas' locker room.

"So what did you wanna see me about?" I ask sitting on a bench.

Eve takes a seat next to me and sighs. "I wanna know why you've been do out of it lately?" She asks. "'Cuz during our matches, your mind seems elsewhere."

Were my frustrations towards Punk really showing? Damn it!
"You know Punk and I are really close friends, right?" Eve nods and I continue. "Well he barely talks to me anymore. He's never not talked to me for this long. We are--were--so close people thought we were dating!"

Eve tilting her head the slightest bit, tapping her chin. She then got up and paced a bit. "I think you love Punk." She said after a minute.

"Of course I love you! He's my best friend!" I say throwing my hands up in the air.

"No, I mean like you are in love with him." She says. "Remember all those things you've told me about your past with him? You love him. Hell, he may love you back!"

"He obviously isn't in love with me; he's never tried anything...." I trail trying to think back.

"You sure?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea I know it's late, but would you do if you can't sleep? I hope you like this installment. Next chapter has semi-sex sceen. So here's your first warning.
So recommend and subscribe and comment.
Thanks for reading!
--Domie