Status: New Co-Write

Down the Barrel

Shoot, Shoot, Shoot, Mother***er

11:35 was when the first shot was fired. Keaton High School was in terrible danger; a rogue gunman, one of Keaton's own students, was firing at anyone he could find.
Students rushed into classrooms as an announcement came over the loudspeaker saying that this was a lockdown and to get to the nearest room at once. It was nothing but blurred panic and screaming. No one could believe what they were seeing; what they were hearing. The school had never been dangerous, there'd been fights and pissed off students, but a killer?

"We're all gonna die." Someone said above the yells. There was such terror running through everyone. The teachers tried to keep calm, but they were close to breaking as well.

Finally, they heard it, everyone heard it. A gun shot, a cry, the last gun shot, then silence. Police sirens were screeching as silence fell.

***

The parking lot of Keaton High was filled with cops, ambulances, and students. It was 3 hours after the shooting and as frantic parents gathered to find their kids it was then realized that one kid was not found.

"No!" The dead girl's mother was crying and her father in shock. A boy about the girl's age stood by the parents but seemed too terrified to move.

"No one else was...killed." One teacher whispered. "Just the one girl."

"What was her name?"

"Michelle Owens. She was in my English class." Another teacher spoke up. "Her brother was in the same class."

"God, then the shooter killed himself?" The one teacher nodded.

As day faded to night, highschool kids feel into restless sleep in their homes and some in hospital beds. The news stations were flooded with reports of the shooting. No one could get away, not completely. And for six students, their lives were about to change forever.

*4 months after*

A small plaque with Michelle's name on it sat in front of the school, a few feet from the parking lot. Everything from flowers to letters were propped up beside the plaque. A sunny afternoon and six teens stood looking down at the memorial.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first short little bit. :)