Status: New Co-Write

Down the Barrel

Delilah

I paced the floor anxiously. Should I or should I not go? I have to, she was my only friend. I jumped up and hurried outside, messenger bag slung over my shoulder.

I can not forget the day it all happened. The screams are still fresh in my mind and seeing her brother the following months was torture. Why couldn't it have been me? At least I didn't matter much, Michelle was so full of life and she was so happy. With a groan, I pushed my nearly white blonde hair from my eyes. I'm going to visit her grave today and leave her something. Anything.

The sidewalk looked especially cold, and especially hopeless. I hoped to be alone but once approached I saw two figures. I sighed and stepped forward again. Maybe they won't see, maybe they're leaving soon.

"Uh, hi." I said awkwardly. The two turned and stared, then the dark haired girl, I think her name was Alex, she gave me a bit of a smile. It's then I realized that the boy was Michelle's brother. God, that poor guy. I may have been friends with her, but I hardly knew him. "I'm sorry, I said. He shrugged and I figured that was alright. We stood in silence for a few moments before Alex spoke up.

"I guess I'm not the only one ago couldn't sleep." She lit up a cigarette. "Wasnt one?"

"I'm fine." I replied and looked over at the guy. "William, right?"

"Yeah," He said, he smelled like pot. "You've hung out with 'Chelle right?"

"Yeah." That's all I said before things fell silent. In the distance I noticed another person approaching. This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo, 4th chapter!