Status: Updating as soon as possibleee!

Under a Paper Moon

Love Someone Else

[Max’s POV]

I sighed as I rested my head back against the wall behind me. School had ended around ten minutes ago but Josh, Oli and I were waiting around until our friends showed up so we could all get the bus home together (gaaaay, that sounded so gay…) but by the looks of things none of them were going to show up – I bet they all got detentions, the idiots. On the way over to here though, I might’ve let slip that Si was worrying me. He seemed so down lately, and he had so many bruises… I knew he liked this Fraser kid, and that’s why he was always so upset whenever he and Gustav were together (which was pretty much always) but he refused to tell me about the bruises. I’d only been talking to him since Saturday, but in all honesty I counted him as one of my closest friends already.

“You really like him, don’t you Max?” Oli asked, leaning over so he could rest his chin on my shoulder. If I hadn’t known Oli since I was like, 4 then sitting like this would probably be very weird… but hey.

“A little,” I blushed. It was also a blatant lie, I liked Simon more than ‘a little’. I had a full-on crush on him, I think that’s more than ‘a little’. Oh well, what can you do?

“A little?!” Josh laughed, “Max you’re practically in love with him!”

“In love with him?” Oli cooed, “Maxie’s got a crush! Aww babe, you’ve gotta ask him out!”

I shook my head. I can’t ask him out! I know for a fact he doesn’t like me like that, he likes Fraser… he’s practically in love with Fraser! He’s so wrapped up in him, I bet he doesn’t even think of liking someone like me. Fraser’s small and thin and cute, I’m small yeah, but I’m all fat and not-cute. I bet he doesn’t even realise I like him, it’s not like I try to hide it when I’m around him! But he’s so wrapped up in his little Fraser-bubble that he barely even realises I’m there when he’s sobbing over him. But I am there, with my arms wrapped around him, kissing his head and telling him it’ll all be okay, that he’ll get Fraser eventually… it kills me every time, I don’t want him to get Fraser, as selfish as it sounds. I want Simon all to myself, I want to be the one he thinks about every minute of every day…. Gah! This is so unfair.

I stood up suddenly, “I need to pee,” I announced before setting off towards the main building of the school again, ignoring the ‘what the fuck’ looks I was getting from my friends. They were probably glad I left anyway, so they can make out and shit. I think though, if I sat there and talked about Si anymore I’d probably burst into tears. Oh I’m so manly aren’t I? For fuck sakes…
-
I pushed the door to the boys toilets open only to be greeted with the faint sound of sobbing. The room was completely empty, apart from one cubicle at the very end of the block which was locked. I assumed the person crying was in there (no fucking shit Max). “Are you okay?” I called out, taking a few cautious steps towards the cubicle.

“G-go away,” the person sniffed. I knew that voice, I’d know that voice anywhere. I darted towards the silver door (it was supposed to be silver but it was so stained and icky that it just looked grey).

“Si?!” I gasped, tapping my knuckles on the metal, “Si is that you? Oh my god, are you okay?”

“M-Max?” he whimpered, and a few seconds later I heard the click of the lock. The door fell open slightly before he opened it fully, stepping out and falling into my arms immediately. A sob tore through his throat as I caught him, I swear to god if this is about Fraser…

“Hey! Hey no, no sweetie it’s okay,” I tried to sympathise. ‘Sweetie’? Jesus, Max I think you need to seek some help, “don’t cry, babe, please don’t cry.”

“I-I-I- sorry,” he sniffed, pulling away from me and wiping his eyes with the cuff of his blazer. I bit my lip, pulling him back into my arms; it literally killed me to see him this upset, he should never ever ever be upset – well, I probably wouldn’t have ever been this close to him or even met him if he hadn’t been upset but still!

“What’s wrong?” I asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He just let out another whimper, not answering me, “is it Fraser?”

He nodded.

Oh, of course it was. What else would it be? I swear to god he’s in love with him, and I swear to god if he cries anymore over this guy I will go and- ….I will get Dan to go and beat the shit out of him. Okay, not really, but gah! Does he not see how much he’s hurting my little Simon? For fuck sake, how blind do you have to be?

“It’s okay,” I kissed the top of his head, his body tensed up slightly as I did so – um, I always do that? Why’s he all tense because I kissed his head? Oh well… “they’ll break up at some point, then you can have him. I promise.”

“I don’t know if I can wait that long,” he mumbled against the material of my school shirt, before raising his head to look at me, “Max?”

“Yeah?”

He hesitated for a moment, “I…do you think…” he trailed off, shaking his head, “never mind. Sorry about getting tears all over your shirt,” he muttered before pushing away from me and walking out the door, leaving me staring after him like a right twat. What just… no ‘do I think’ what?! Dammit Simon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mehh D; this took me hours to write.

I'll go back to Gustav's POV soon I promise c':