Status: Updating as soon as possibleee!

Under a Paper Moon

Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour

I sighed as I dragged myself through the gates of the school the next morning. I told Fraser yesterday that I'd think everything over, but to be honest all the thinking gave me a sore head and I never really got much thought over. Hopefully he'd leave me be until I talked to him myself? That'd give me more than enough time to actually think about what I'm going to do.

I know I should probably break up with him, but he was so upset and he said he was drunk and.... god I don't know what to do. I'll probably regret breaking up with him if I do, but if I d-

My train of thought was cut off as I heard my name being called from across the playground. My head snapped up and I looked around for the person who'd called it. There, storming over to me from one of the trees was Oli, and he did not look too happy. I stopped walking and waited for him to reach me, bracing myself for any verbal abuse I assumed he was going to throw at me.

"What happened with Fraser?" he asked, a lot more calm than what I'd expecting, seeing as how he looked annoyed and angry, like he was about to tear someone's throat out. "Because whatever he did, Max won't stop crying about it! He's been so upset and me and Josh are really worried about him. Do you know what happened?"

"I...I u-uh..." I bit down on my lip as I felt the lump beginning to form in my throat, "he um...slept with Si," I cast my eyes down, not wanting to look up to see his expression.

"Oh..." he whispered, "he....okay."

"Yeah," I mumbled awkwardly, "I...I gotta go," I still didn't look up at him as I fixed the bag strap on my shoulder.

"Where though?" Oli asked as he took a step towards me, reaching his hand out to brush his fingers on my arm, "I can't imagine you're kicking around with Fraser right now. Right, why don't you stick with me today? I mean, I know we're not exactly friends but I know I'd hate to be by myself if Josh ever...cheated on me...."

I finally looked up at Oli again, his irritated expression had softened to one of concern as he looked up at me. I didn't particularly want to, because unlike him I'd much rather be on my own right now. It would be rude to refuse though, wouldn't it? Damn.... I nodded slowly, smiling awkwardly as a grin broke out on his face. "Great!" he exclaimed, his fingers wrapping around my wrist, "come on then! I'm not in the mood to hang out with Josh, well no I am but he's comforting Max so..."

I decided to tune out his rambling, god for such a shy, awkward-seeming person, Oli sure talked a lot. I'd tuned him out so much though that I actually began to daydream, and before long we were standing around the back of the science building, amongst all the large, red bins. Sitting on the ground in front of us was two guys, neither of whom I recognised, but they were wearing the same uniform as Oli and I so obviously they went to this school.

One of them had long, sandy-blonde coloured hair that fell down to his shoulders, his eyes were a piercing blue colour, but they were glazed over almost, as if he wasn't quite in the same world we were. The other had a beanie on his head, which just about concealed the large plugs he had in his earlobes, his brown fringe fell down into his eyes every time he leant over to the middle of him and his friend to drop the ash that was hanging from his cigarette.

"Oli!" the blonde grinned as he gestured for the both of us to sit down, "haven't seen you in a while! Got yourself a new booooyfriend then?"

Oli shook his head, "nono this is Gustav, his boyfriend cheated on him so now he's sad. Gustav, this is Sam," he pointed to the blonde one, "and Nicholls." he pointed to the other.

"Boyfriend cheated on you?" Nicholls pouted, "shit one, man."

Sam smiled at me as he raised his own cigarette that I hadn't noticed he'd been holding; he gestured it towards me but I just shook my head, "I don't...I don't smoke," I bit my lip, my voice coming out quieter than I'd intended.

"No no it's not a cigarette," Oli chuckled, "Sam and Nicholls are far too 'hardcore' for that," he put air quotes around the 'hardcore' bit.

"Nope! It's pot, obviously," Nicholls chuckled, "seriously, have some if you want, it's not gonna do you any harm!"

I suppose...it wouldn't be too bad right? I mean one smoke isn't going to kill me! I think. Does pot even kill you? I don't think it does. I don't know I can't remember, the only thing I know about drugs is stuff they taught us in first year about how drugs were bad and we shouldn't take them. But if it wasn't going to do me any harm....

I reached over and took it from Sam, just this once, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know

Sam and Matt are stoners lol