Status: Just starting up(:

Too Far Gone

Khloe Christine Haner.

As I walked out of the sliding glass door of my home, I was immediately overwhelmed with the salt that was in the Pacific air. It was in the early hours of the morning, no one was on the beach. I’m not even sure that birds were chirping this early. The sun was just started to rise in the distance. It was truly lucky for me to be able to wake up every morning and have this as my view.

I took a seat in a patio chair and lay my left hand on my eight month pregnant belly. As we approached closer to the due date I became more and more restless each day. I had lost so much sleep in the last few weeks that I wasn’t sure how I was functioning.

As I watched the orange rays cascade from the sun, as I did every morning, I spent what little time I had to myself and thought about my mother. I wondered if every morning this would be her way of saying hello to me, and ensuring I had a beautiful day.

A week after my wedding, my mother announced that her cancer that she had been struggling with for the last two years had returned and this time, there wasn’t much that chemotherapy or doctors could do for her. She stayed at strong as she could, for as long as God would allow her. The morning Brian was set to leave and start the Buried Alive tour; my mother gave up the fight. After getting the news the night before about a year long wait for a bone marrow transplant, she decided her time here was done.

The sliding glass door behind me slid open to reveal a very sleepy Brian. His black hair was sticking up in all directions and he had red pressure marks on his cheek.

He walked over to me, kissed my cheek and mumbled a good morning.

I smiled back at him, and then stared back off into the sunrise.

“Not much longer now, Khloe.” Brian said as he rubbed my large belly.

As he went to take a drag from his cigarette that was loosely placed between his index and middle finger, Khloe kicked his right hand that was still placed on top of her.

Her actions caused both her father and I to giggle.

“I get the point.” Brian said as he put his cigarette out and softly kissed my lower stomach.

This was the life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the sequel guys! I hope you all like it, and it's probably going to be off to a slow start so bare with me.

I know a lot of you didn't want me to 'kill' her Mom off in Your Hands Are Tied, so I decided to do it between chapters. It's going to play a major role in the story after time, so please, bare with me.

Remember if you haven't read Your Hands Are Tied, you probably aren't going to understand what is going on in this story so please go back and read it (:

Well guys, I have to head to work now. Maybe there will be another chapter tonight (:

foREVer.