Status: I wrote the last chapter on July 11, 2012

She Has a Stairway to Heaven for Sale.

A Death

When I got back to school, I show up with Theo on Monday. I almost didn't want the weekend to end. Theo and I actually grew closer, and I now love him more than ever. I don't wave to people that I don't like. I don't smile because I have to be perfect. I wave to the people that I consider my friends. I smile because I'm really happy.

Once Theo and I get to the back of the lobby, Kathy came running up to me. I look at her. She is were a pink shirt with black skinny jeans on. Her hair is somewhat of a mess. I have no clue why though. She gets to us and stops in front of me. "Have you heard?" she asks me.

"Heard what?" I look at her in shock. I haven't heard anything. In fact, I haven't watched the news in a long time.

"Kyle got hit by a drunk driver on Friday. He lived through the wreck, but when he got to the hospital, he didn't make it. He lost too much blood," she says, almost in tears.

Kyle died going to the party. I knew that I should have warned him. I should have told him not to go. The whole 'should have' thing is something I need to get over. Drunk driving happens all the time, right? I should be able to live with it, right? Kyle didn't deserve that though. Sure, he went to parties. Sure, he did drink, but he watched what he was doing. He made sure that he didn't drink anything before he left and he ate something once he decided that he was done. Kyle didn't deserve dying in a car wreck because of some stupid drunk driver.

I storm out of the building heading back to my car. Theo following right behind me. I see him get in the passenger seat. I leave the school. I go to the cliff just a little ways out of town. I turn off my car and just stare out over the town. I start to cry. I feel Theo rubbing my back trying to comfort me.

"It's alright. It'll get better," he says. He is trying to soothe me.

"It's not alright. Kyle is dead! He died because of some lowlife drunk driver thinking it was okay to get behind the wheel. Kyle didn't deserve to die like that. Sure, he wasn't the best person in the world. He was a troublemaker who turned a perfect girl into a bad girl. He was nice guy who told me what he thought about me. He made me realize I don't have to be perfect because my mom said so," I nearly shout. "The person who actually made me ruin that expectation of perfect was him."

"I know. I also know he didn't deserve it, but what is going to change the fact that die? Is going to be staying in school to show that you are strong? Is going to a cliff and screaming about how it's unfair? Or is going to be acceptance of the this fact? He wouldn't want you screaming about his death," Theo says. "He would want you happy."

"You're right," I say. "He would want me to be saying 'fuck you' to everyone who told me he is died." I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands. "But I'm sorry that I'm going to skip today. I can drive you to school if you want to go back."

"You know what? I think you need me more than school does," he says, smiling at me.

***

Dear Kyle,

You didn't deserve what you happened to you. But I'm going to smile and be the strong person that you taught me to be.

Keeping strong,
Grace
♠ ♠ ♠
It was actually really hard for me to write this chapter. I didn't really want to kill him now after writing it, but it's for the story. When I came up with the idea for this story, Kyle was going to die from the start because it's is to wake Grace up from her little world so to speak.
Tell me what you think.