Status: I wrote the last chapter on July 11, 2012

She Has a Stairway to Heaven for Sale.

Kyle's Funeral

The funeral is on Friday, and I am invited to go to it. I dress accordingly. I head down the stairs to run into my mom standing there. "Where do you think you are going?" she asks.

"I'm going to a funeral. If you don't like, you can go fuck yourself," I say, walking past her. I don't want to put up with her on this day. I grab my keys and walk out the door to my car. I pull out of the driveway with my mom standing in the front door watching me leave.

The whole way to church seems longer than usual. I don't know what it is. I arrive on time still, but the drive there seemed to drag on forever. Maybe it's because I don't really want to accept the fact that Kyle is dead. I get out of the car to see Theo standing by his car. "I could've given you a ride here, you know," he says to me.

"I know, but I almost wasn't able to get here with my mom hounding me the whole morning about not going to school today," I explain to him. "I think I'm fine."

"You have hell to pay when you get home though," he says. "Wanna stay at my place for awhile?"

"Yeah," I answer, starting to make my way to the church. Theo following right beside me.

I talk to Kyle's mother for a little bit until it's time to go inside for the funeral. Kyle's mom has Theo and I sit beside her in the front.

The funeral is pretty much a standard funeral. The man standing up there talks about how Kyle was too young when he died. He talks about how Kyle's life was like. He just left out all of the parties and how he smoked. He doesn't say anything about the negative side of his life. "Kyle was a strong child when his dad got heavily addicted to drugs. Kyle didn't let that get him down. Instead he fought on. He fought on even when his father died from the overdose," the preacher says.

That's why Kyle didn't want me to do drugs? That was why he stopped me. Oh, Kyle. Thank you. I never realized that was why he made me stop. I didn't bother to ask him. I feel so bad about that now.

Once the funeral was over, I follow Theo to his place. I follow him up to his room. I throw myself on the bed and cry. Theo sits down on the bed and wraps me in his arms. He rubs my back in a soothing manner. He doesn't say anything. He just sits there and lets me get whatever I need get out. I eventually stop and look up at him. "Thank you," I say.

He just nods his head and lays down taking me with him on the bed. We eventually fall asleep wrapped up in each other's arms. I dream about nothing which I am thankful for. For the past week, all I have been dreaming about is Kyle. These dreams were just him and I talking about everything.

***

Dear world,

When you loose that person who helped you with everything, it's hard to get over it. I don't know where to start about this. You just kind of have to deal with it somehow.

Living with this pain,
Grace
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this chapter. I really didn't know what to do with it. I still say that this is hard to write. I feel bad about doing what I did with it, but it helps the story. One more chapter guys.
Tell me what you think:)