Status: I wrote the last chapter on July 11, 2012

She Has a Stairway to Heaven for Sale.

Story

"You're too perfect. You walk perfectly. You talk like some perfect child. Let me guess you are waiting for marriage?" Kyle mocks, stopping in front of the stairs.

I turn to look at him. "Oh, you watch how I talk and walk, and you assume that I am waiting for marriage?" I ask him, actually amused by this. "We haven't even known each other for an hour yet. Barely five minutes if I'm guessing right."

Kyle laughs. "It doesn't matter about how long I have known you. I can tell you are all uptight. You defending it just makes me right. Why are you perfect?" Kyle leans against the wall, trying to make a point that he isn't going to move unless I tell him.

"I don't have to tell you," I point out. I look at him waiting for him to follow me. "Now, come on. You don't want to be too late for your first class, now do you?"

"I personally don't care about showing up, but if you want me to go with you, you have to tell me why you are so perfect. I can wait all day and night if I have to," He says. He throws his bag on the ground. He sits down on the ground beside his bag.

"Fine, if you must know. My mom makes me be perfect. I don't want to be. I just am forced to be perfect," I answer truthfully. I stand above him looking down. I wait for him to get up.

"Your mom isn't here, is she? Why not just be imperfect here?" Kyle remarks. He raises his eyebrow at me, waiting for me to tell more.

"Because in a town as small as this, everything will get back to my mom. And besides everyone hear knows my mom and knows me. If I do something bad, it will get back around to my mother. That's how it is here. Now will you come on?" I ask, putting my hand on my hip. I quickly put my hand to my side. I really need to stop doing that. It reminds me too much of my mother. I turn and run up the stairs.

"You cave too easily," he jokes. He gets up and grabs his bag. He catches up to me quickly.

***

Dear Kyle,

You push too much.

Caving in,
Grace
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyle's an observer, isn't he? Grace is caving in a little too easily, but she isn't all that naive. Or rather she won't be.
Comments are always welcome:)