Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

Confusion

We sat there in slience just staring at each other. Ashley looked at me and mumbled, "Please don't tell the guys I'm bi, I don't want them to think I'm less of a 'macho-man' and I don't want it to go around school, I really don't want to know what the guys on the football team would do to me." He looked down as if he didn't want to face me any longer. I tucked my fingers under my chin and I whispered, "Of course, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you." Before I realized it Ashley had closed the distance between us. His plush pink lips were connected to mine. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. We fell onto the soft grass and I was laying on top of him. I broke the kiss and I stared at him with shocked blue eyes and said, "Wha-what?!" I climbed off of him and I dashed off to the music room. I quickly grabbed my stuff and said to Sandra, "I'm ditching the rest of the day." She tried to protest, but before I even listened to her I dashed out of the music and room and into my car. I shoved a cigarette in my mouth and I lit it. That's when I started driving. I didn't have a single idea where I was going, but I needed to go somewhere to clear my head of all the thoughts bouncing around in it.

I ended up at the beach. The waves smacked against the shore. The sand softly crunched under my boots as I walked along the shoreline. My thoughts were still running a thousand miles a minute. I sat down on the sandy surface and pulled out my notebook. My fingers traced over the small sketch I did of Ashley. I signed the corner of it with my intials and turned to a page where I had written down lyrics. My eyes fell to the song that I had written called, "Knives and Pens," Small drops of blood littered the page and I sighed. I had written this song right after I had cut myself one time. This song was my anthem. It was my message. It also was the same message I had told Ashley earlier. I ran my fingers across my lips and I remembered the kiss from earlier. I just met him today, but I think I'm falling in love with Ashley Purdy...