Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

Hero

My eyes shot open and I coughed up a mouthful of water. Ashley was leaning over me. His hair was dripping wet and his eyes were filled with fear. I coughed again and threw up the salty water onto the sand. I looked up Ashley weakly and said, "Ashes..." He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up bridal style. He started walking along the beach and grabbed my notebook and took me to my car. "I thought you was dead..." he cried out when he had laid me down in the passenger seat. "Why did Randy let you go?" I croaked out and he looked at me and shook his head. "The hell if I know..." he mumbled looking down. There was something that he was hiding, but he didn't say exactly what it was. I nodded my head and shut my eyes and sighed. My clothes were soaking we and I was shivering. "Hey, Ashes?" I asked looking over at him. "What, Andy?" he asked looking at me with concerned eyes. "There's a blanket in my trunk. Can you get it for me?" "Yeah, babe," he said and I blushed slightly. He came back a few minutes later with a thick black blanket and wrapped it around me. "Do you want me to drive you home?" he asked. "If you don't mind," I whispered and he got into the driver's side and put the keys in the ignition. When he didn't expect it, I grabbed his chin and pulled his soft pink lips to mine. I pulled away from him and he asked, "What was that for?" I sighed and snuggled up in my blanket before I said, "One that is for saving me. Two it was for standing up for us. Three I just felt like kissing you." He smiled and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "I love you, Andy," he whispered driving out of the beach parking lot. "I love you too, Ashes," I said and we drove down the street heading towards my house.