Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

Fear

I woke up to Ashley whimpering in his sleep. His breath was coming out in sharp gasps and he had tears streaming down his cheeks. He eyes snapped open and I looked at him and held him tightly against me. He cried into my chest and I whispered to him, "Please stop crying my Ashes, and tell me what happened." Ashley wiped his eyes and he looked up at me and he told me his entire dream. The dream sounded horrid and I looked at him and said, "I would never say anything like that about you Ashley. The others wouldn't either," and I held him close to me and stroked his long black hair softly. He buried his face into my chest and he said, "My biggest fear is one day I'll wake up and everyone that was close with me will suddenly forget who I am..." I kissed his forehead softly and I said, "I'll never forget you, Ashes. I love you way to much to do anything of that nature." "I love you too, Andy. Forever and always," Ashley whispered shutting his eyes. I smiled softly as I watched my love drift back to sleep. That dream seemed to mess with his head. Maybe as long as I'm here holding him tight, maybe the bad dreams will go away, just maybe...

I walked into school the next day with Ashley's fingers interlocked with mine. "Hello, lovebirds," Sandra said as we walked into the band room. I smiled and walked over to my sister and sat down next to her. She leaned over next to me and whispered, "Mom was wondering where you was at last night." I looked at Sandra with a surprised face. My mother didn't even dare to visit me while I was in the hospital. Why would she be wondering where I was at last night? "W-what did you tell her?" I stuttered. "I told her that you was staying with a friend of ours. I didn't say it was Ashley because she knows what's going on between you and him." I nodded my head and Ashley walked over and sat down next to me. "Is everything alright, babe?" he asked resting his head on my shoulder. "Y-yeah," I said looking down at the floor. I was amazed that my mother even cared all of a sudden. She never asked where I was at or even who I was with... The first bell rang and me and Ashley walked to class together. I've got a feeling that something is going to happen today...