Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

The Secret

I ran down the crowded hall towards the music room. I saw Andy turn left through the door. I stopped a couple feet down the hall and thought, what the hell am I going to say. I don't want to sound like a total tool and be 'Oh sorry I had to stick to my cool friends so i don't get beaten up.' Or should I say 'Sorry I was just trying to get them to back off and by the way I don't want to hurt you because I like you.' Now that is even weirder. I sat against the wall, figuring out what to say when I remembered the look on Andy's face when I said ' Let's just wait and beat him up at lunch.' Great now he hates me and I hate myself even more. Tears started to well up in my eyes thinking about my ex-boyfriend who beat the shit out of me for not letting him have sex with. That is the only reason I haven't been with anybody for the past 2 years. Nobody knows that. But for some reason I thought I would have been able to trust Andy. It must have been something in his eyes that literally said 'It's okay, you can trust me, and I'm here for you.' It was kinda like Sammi's eyes, motherly like. Not wanting to feel sorry for myself any longer I got up and headed towards the music room. I stopped at the door with the knob in my hand when I heard Andy and Sandra's voice. I know I shouldn't interrupt but I opened the door any ways. Slowly I opened the door and both pairs of eyes shot towards me.

"Hi." I squeaked not being able to control my voice. Andy looked over to me with tears in his eyes. It broke my heart, not knowing if I was the cause of this, but if I was I wanted to kill myself.

"What's wrong, Andy?" I asked playing stupid, which I was surprisingly good at. After I said this he started crying even more. I couldn't take this. I was going to do something I haven't done in a while. Cut myself, seeing someone this beautiful cry because of me was unbearable. Yes I know it is weird of me to keep my blade with me but I say it is for self defense but secretly it is for moments like these. On the way out I dropped my bag; I quickly picked it up and ran out of the room, tears filling my eyes.