Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

Light fading from his eyes/The end of it all

Ashley leaped to his feet and stood in front of Randy. Even though he had been an ass to us, Ashley was defending him from suffering any pain. There was a shot and Ashley hands went to his chest. His brown eyes were wide and warm red liquid was seeping out of his chest. "Ashes!" I screamed and I realized that I'm losing him for the last time... He laid there on the ground and I crawled over to him. Tears spilled down my cheeks and there was no way I could stop them. Ashley reached up and placed his hand on my cheek as another shot was fired. Randy fell down beside Ashley and his eyes closed. He had a bullethole in the middle of his forehead. That shot was instant death for the poor guy... Tears continued to fall down my pale cheeks and I tried saying something to Ashley, but all that came out was my blubbering sobs. "Ashes, please don't leave me. I can't live without you. How am I going to live without my Outlaw, my Ash, my Ashes?" I finally got out. I looked around the room and everyone was staring at us tears filling their eyes also. We were known as the starstruck lovers and everyone found us the perfect couple. We were made for each other. Now here I am watching my love's life bleed out of him. "I'm sorry angel. I would stay if I could. I guess it is just my time to go..." "Ashes, please, you can't leave me. I need you. Who is going to guide me?" "I don't know, angel. Just remember I will always love you, no matter what. I just want to give you one more thing." He leaned up, despite his wound, and cupped my cheek and kissed my lips softly. I savored the kiss even though it only lasted for mere seconds. "I love my angel, never forget that. Forever and Always," he whispered and I watched the life fade out of his eyes. "A-A-Ashley?" I stuttered. There was no answer, just his brown eyes looking off into some faraway place. I shut his eyelids as tears fell down my chest. I clutched his dead body to my chest and more tears fell down my cheeks. My one love is now lost. I'll never love anyone else.

-A week later-

I sat in my room alone. I never left my room after Ashley died. The only reason why I left was to go to my love's funeral. That was the last time I even saw daylight. Since then I was in my room surronded by darkness. I hugged my pillow to my chest. It still smelled like Ashley, but it was losing his scent. My body shook as I let out another sob. Nobody came to see if I was alright. My mother avoided me, as always. My sister was too busy with her boyfriend. The others were still in grief. I was the one suffering the most. That's when another thought ran through my head. Right now I was debating suicide. If I do it then I'll be with my love once more. If I don't then I'll be in more pain than I could ever imagine. I pulled down at metal box that was in the top of my closet. Inside it held one of my father's guns that he left. I unlocked the box with a key and pulled out the small gun. Even though it was small, it was enough to kill someone. It was fully-loaded. I wrote out a small note to my friends and whatever remained of my family. I wrote my apologies and all. Then I whispered to the silent air, "I'm coming Ashes, where ever you are is where I'm heading," and I placed the barrel of the gun in my mouth. My finger rested on the trigger and tears fell down my cheeks. Goodbye world... and I pulled the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter, but I want to explain the title of this story. This story did not go according to plan. It went to total opposite. When the title was decided we didn't know how it was even going to turn out! The Happiest Year of Our Lives turned into a play-on-words kind of thing. It proves that even in the most happiest of things, there still is sadness and destruction.

Thanks to all of you that read the story and let us great criticism, Right now we are planning a new story, but I have no idea when we shall be uploading it.

Thank you all your lovely comments and sorry for all the chaos we put in this story xD

Until next time, enjoy!