Status: Completed :3

The Happiest Year of Our Lives

Questions

-Andy's Point of View-

Ashley looked up at me and let out a small laugh. I guess he laughed because of the nick name I had given him. His brown eyes still looked watery from all the tears he had shed. "Why did you do it?" he asked without hesitation. "W-Why did I do what?" I asked looking at him confused. His eyes looked down at my scars and back up to me. "Why did you cut yourself?" he whispered and I said, "I-I was bullied for being gay." Ashley's eyes lit up and and continued, "That's the only reason why me and Sandra had to change schools. I couldn't take it anymore so my parents packed up the house and we moved to this town." Ashley nodded his head and I sat down next to him. I realized I was still holding his knife and I took the blade and plunged it into the dirt. He watched as I did that and he pulled a tissue out of his bag and wiped the blood that stained his wrist. I saw the word that was etched on his tan skin. "Saviour," was all it said. "I-I'm sorry about earlier." He said not looking at me. "Why were you hanging out with them anyways?" I asked looking over at him. "I'm the captain of the football team. They just hang around me so they look like they're popular." Well that was something I didn't expect coming from Ashley. That's when I noticed something else, if Ashley is the captain of the football team then why doesn't he have girls crawling all over him? Why is he outside, by himself, cutting his wrists? Isn't he happy with his life, because it's a hell of a lot better than mine? I lit another cigarette and took a drag out of it. "If you're the captain of the football team then why do you hang out with the outcasts?" I asked flicking the ashes off of my cancer stick. "It's the only place I've ever felt accepted. Besides Jake and CC have been my friends longer than anyone else has." The next question tumbled out of my mouth before I could even think about it, "Why don't you have a girlfriend then?" Ashley looked at me and he took a deep breath. He bit his lip and tears started to well up in his eyes once more. "M-my ex was cruel to me. He used to beat me. I still have the scars from it." He? Ashley dated a guy? Does that mean... Does that mean I have a chance with him? My heart fluttered for a few seconds and I said, "I'm sorry I asked that question. I didn't think before I said it." "It's alright," he mumbled and bit his lip again. Even though I just met him today, I am really starting to wonder what goes on in Ashley's head... He's so quiet...