Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Turning Point

"Chloe, will you marry me?" Josh asked me.

I looked around the room and saw everyone that I love. How did I get here? Marrying Josh was not part of the plan. Then I saw the man I really loved, Mike Richards. I met him when my brother, Jeff started playing with him. I lived with Jeff since I am only two years younger than him. Mike and I started hanging out while Jeff was out picking up women. One thing led to another.

Flashback

"Ha ha, sorry man but Megan Fox is married now. Missed your chance." I said to Mike. We were sitting on the couch in the apartment I shared with Jeff.

"No, she could still go for me. I just need to have faith. Hey, do you want more wine?" Mike asked me. His eyes wandered to me. He looked me up and down. I wasn't wearing anything special, just some skinny jeans, a red tank top, and a black infinity scarf. I snapped out of my day dream.

"Oh, yeah sure! Thanks." Mike poured me another glass of red wine. He handed me my glass and our fingers brushed. I felt this nervous energy surge through my body. What was he doing to me? He set down his wine glass. Then he grabbed mine and set it down. He put his hand on my cheek and leaned in. I closed my eyes when the gab between us closed. Before I knew it he was on top of me and his hand was up my shirt."Are you sure you want to do this? Cartsy would kill you." I said to Mike.

"Yeah, I love you Chloe. I always have." I looked into his eyes. At that moment there was nowhere else I wanted to be. My boyfriend, Josh would not be happy about this. We continued kissing. Mike picked me up and carried me to my bedroom. He started taking off my shirt. I managed to get an 'I love you too' out.

End Flashback

Eventually things with me and Mike ended because I had a boyfriend. When Mike moved to L.A. I went with him. For a job of course. This was the first time Josh has seen me in months. We have only been dating for a year. I saw Mike leave the room. Jeff was staring at us like a giddy little girl who just saw Louis from One Direction shirtless. "Chloe?"

"Oh yeah. Josh no. I'm so sorry but I have loved someone else for a long time. Right now I need to go after them." Josh looked heart broken. The whole room gasped and started whispering amongst themselves. I ran out of the house after Mike. He was walking towards the beach. "Mike! Wait!" I yelled after him. He stopped walking and turned around.

"Chloe, I can't do it. I can't watch you marry him. I miss touching your blond hair, and looking into your blue eyes when I wake up in the morning. I know I ended things before but I still love you. I never stopped loving you." Mike looked at me. He had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I said no." I said to him. His head shot up from looking at the sand.

"You what?" He asked me. His voice sounded defeated.

"I said no to him. I can't marry the man I don't love. I can only marry the one I love and you are that man." I walked towards him and put my hand on the back of his neck. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes. "I love you too!" He didn't say anything, he just kissed me.

"I know we haven't dated for a long time and someone already asked you this today but Chloe Carter, will you marry me?" Mike asked me. I hadn't even noticed him get down on one knee. I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"Yes, of course I will Mike!" He stood up and kissed me. "By the way, I will deal with Jeff." Mike just laughed when I said that to him. Then he wrapped me in a big bear hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kings won the cup!!! Super happy about that. Hope you guys like the story! Comment! If anyone wants to help me figure out how to post a profile picture just fire me off a message.