Status: active...maybe?

My Only One

You Are My Only One

"You didn't even wait for me to get back." I clenched my fists, pacing around the hospital room.

"I couldn't have the bills piling up. We already can't pay half of them." My step dad said. "I'm sorry, Rachel."

I growled, like hell he was.

"Why couldn't you just wait?" I tried again, tears bursting from my eyes. "Jesus Christ, why couldn't you wait?" I choked. I looked down at the bed, where my lifeless mother was lying. Her face was pale, and stiff. It scared the crap out of me. "She's my mom."

"You didn't look like you seemed to care that much." He muttered. My face heated up.

"Don't you dare say anything like that, ever again!" I spat. He pulled me towards him by my arm and I yelped in pain.

"She's my wife. They didn't need your signature." He gripped my wrist tightly.

"Is there a problem here?" A nurse stuck her head in the door. He instantly let go of my arm.

"No." He cleared his throat. "Not at all."

The blonde nurse nodded and walked past the room, still glancing at us suspiciously. I rubbed my aching arm and left the room. I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled out my phone, and dialed Jack's number. I walked quickly so my step father couldn't catch up with me. The hospital wasn't too far from the house- I could easily make the walk in 10 minutes.

He answered on the first ring. "Where the FUCK did you go?" Jack answered. "God damn, I've been so worried. Where are you?"

"Back home." I answered wiping tears from my eyes as I gripped my hoodie in the cold.

"What?" He ssaid, taken aback. "Why didn't you tell me? Did you even tell anyone?" He said angrily.

"My step dad pulled the plug." I choked again. Shit.

"What?" His voice immediately softened. "Rachel, I'm so sorry. I'm so so so soooo sorry." He stammered.

"It's alright." I said softly. "I think I just need to be home for a while..." I sighed, "Figure out the funeral.. the money."

"Rach, if you need money I can lend you-"

"NO, Jack no... I can't. I could never." I approached my house and walked straight in- seeing as the door was still broken. I rolled my eyes and continued. "Listen, I just want to apologize for what happened with Alex I-"

"It's alright." Jack said even softer. I bit my lip- well this is awkward. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "I talked to Alex today. I overreacted. I'm really sorry- I totally fucked everything up."

"Okay..." I sighed. I heard the car- my mom's car- pull into the driveway. My stomach clenched. "Jack, I have to go." I inhaled.

"Wait, why?" He whined.

"My step dad's home." I said, and sat up on my knees to look out the window to make sure.

Yup.

"Oh." Jack hesitated. "Okay, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, bye."

"Wait, Rach-" He shot quickly. My heart raced, and I bit my liips.

"What?" I asked. My palms began to sweat. This has never happened before. I was actually nervous as hell.

"Be careful."
♠ ♠ ♠
HI.... I know it's been a while.. But I had A REALLLY bad writers block.

anywho... Comment?

Thanks for all the support! :) and for sticking with me.

Sorry if there are mistakes.