Status: active...maybe?

My Only One

To Find the Perfect Words

I rolled onto my side, and felt a sharpness in my stomach. I yanked out a remote from under me, and threw it on the ground. I don't know how long I have been sleeping, but it felt like a decade. my head felt a little fuzzy, and my eye sight was blurry when I opened my eyes.

I blinked a few times, and finally gained focus. I was lying on Jack's couch still. My shoes were on the ground next to me, and there was a giant afgan blanket strewn across me. I yawned, and sat up slowly.

"Morning!" Jack grinned, sitting opposite me with his accoustic guitar across his lap. It was really expensive and he had gotten it for his eighteenth birthday.

"Hey." I replied. "...How long have I been asleep?"

He shrugged and looked at the clock, "Umm... I'd say about 4 hours. You came over around 4, its like 8 now. Alex is coming over, I hope you don't mind." He said and got up.

"Nah, it's cool." I put my hand on my head and felt for the cut. No blood anymore, just a little bump, and the feeling of a healing cut.

"How's your head?" he asked and sat next to me.

"Fine." I sighed, and looked over at him.

"More importantly, how are you doing?"

I shrugged, I didn't really know what to say. He sighed, and sat back into the chair. "Want to go to Leno's?" He asked. Leno's is a bar, its about half an hour from where we lived, in the city.

"It's a Monday night, and you want to go to a bar?" I stared at him.

"Why not? You look like you could use a beer." He said.

"Yeah, that's true. I'll just skip school tomorrow, I'm not in the mood for a Calc test anywho." I smiled, and followed him towards the door. "Wait, what about Alex?" I asked.

He paused for a minute and then grabbed his keys. "He'll figure it out." He shrugged.

I chuckled, "You're a horrible friend." I teased.

"You're an awful snorer." He noted, looking directly ahead of him as we walked down the apartment steps.

"I do not snore!" I whacked him in the arm.

"Do too." He snorted.

"Fuck off." I crossed my arms over my chest and followed him out.

---

"I just, don't understand..." I slurred, gripping the fourth shot in my hands. I had already had two other beers, all of which Jack had to buy for me. No one questioned my age, I looked old enough, sometimes that really worked well for me. Jack sat next to me, sipping on his only beer he had gotten. He was designated driver after all, and hell, I needed the booze more than him right now. "He fucking... He fucking... shit..." I put my head down on the table and shook it back and forth. I was longggggg gone.

I heard Jack laughing, "You cuss a lot when your drunk."

"Fuck you." I muttered.

"See?" He gestured towards me.

"What I was going to say is..." I paused to point a finger to his chest. "I don't understand why they're still together. Like, they argue ALL THE TIME." I downed the shot and winced as the liquid slid down my throat. I wanted to feel numb, I wanted to get really numb.

"I don't know." Jack shrugged. "Maybe deep down they really do love each other."

I laughed bitterly, "Or maybe my mom just likes a good fuck." I bit my lips. Jack continued to sip his beer. "I want another one!" I pushed the empty cups towards him. The bartender walked towards us with his nozzle.

"No, she's done." Jack said pushing the glasses away from the bartender. He walked away.

"What the hell?" I complained.

"I think you've had enough." He laughed. I groaned, since when was Jack Barakat all concerned about how much I drank? He was the one who would run around buck naked any time there was a good party after one of his concerts.

I slouched on the stool. "I miss my dad."

"What?" Jack asked leaning closer to me.

"I said, I miss my dad." I ran a hand through my hair and forced myself to keep the tears away. Jack hopped off the stool and opened his arms.

"Come here." He pulled me off the chair and against him and slid his hands up and down my back. We stayed that way for a couple minutes until he said, "Lets go back home." And then we left.

---

"Well look who it is!?" Alex grumbled, sitting against Jack's apartment door. I giggled. "I've only been sitting here for two hours while you didn't answer your phone." He glared at Jack.

"Sorry, man." Jack laughed, holding me up with one arm while unlocking his door with the other.

"Well I've certainly seen you get girls drunk before and take them to bed, but Rachel? Seriously?" Alex rambled, standing up from the ground. I disreguarded his statement, I was too drunk to think anything of it.

"I'm not going to have sex with her!" Jack said, pulling me inside his warm apartment.

"And why not?!" I suddenly blurted out. He rolled his eyes.

"What the fuck happened to your eyebrow?" Alex asked getting real close to my face to have a look.

"Stop staring at me like a zzzzoo animal!" I reached out to whack him but missed.

"Damn, she is drunk." Alex laughed. Jack plopped me onto the couch, and then sat on the other chair he was in earlier. He picked up his guitar, while Alex turned on the tv. I laid on the couch staring at the ceiling, this was great. I wish I could just feel this way forever, completely numb, forgetting about anything and everything that was going on in my life. My phone rang in my pocket ripping me from my thoughts. I fumbled with it, dropping it once before pressing it to my ear.

"What the fuck do you want?" I sneered, knowing exactly who it was.

"Your mom's been in a car accident. You need to come to the hospital right now." Don said, sounding shaky and scared. I sat up, alarmed. I could feel the color draining from my face. The phone slid out of my hand and fell to the floor with a "Clunk" . I felt completely sober for one minute.

"Rachel, what's wrong?" Jack asked, his voice sounding just as alarmed as Don's did.

My hand slid over my stomach shakily. "I think I'm going to be sick."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, this kind of sucks... I think.

Let me know. haha :) I promise we'll get some Jack lovin in there at some point :)

leave me a comment :)

ps. I'm kind of currently freaking out because I just got a phone call from a random number who asked for my parents, and said my name, and then when I said they were not home, they hung up.... umm...... what the hell? Any ideas?