Status: active...maybe?

My Only One

Sick of Second Guessing

I stood in the hospital waiting room, pacing repeatedly back and forth. I'm sure i had cried all my make-up off, and this headache I had just recieved from the alcohol consumption earlier. "Stop pacing, Rach. Sit down." Alex patted the seat next to him. I bit my lip. Jack was sitting to his right, and across the room was my step dad. He had his head in his hands, shaking it every once and a while.

Jack stared at me with sad eyes. I inhaled a deep breath, and looked across the way to my step dad. "Rachel, I'm sorry." He muttered, looking up at me for a brief moment. I glanced back at Jack, he was clenching his jaw, and his fist next to his leg. He looked like he wanted to punch my step-dad.

"Jack..." I whispered softly, and plead with my eyes for him to stop. I couldn't deal with tension in the room right now. He looked at me, and then unclenched his fists and straightened his jaw.

"Sorry." He muttered, and stared atthe ground again. I turned back to pacing. It had been three long hours. Long hours of waiting. My dad said he had recieved the phone call and immediately rushed to the hospital. Apparently a car sped through a light, hitting my mom in the side. It crushed the car, and she was in critical condition. I know it seems strange, being so upset about my mother's injury, considering she has never really given a toss about me, but... she was still my mother. And she wasn't always a cold hearted bitch who only cared about money, I know there's a part of her in there that still wants me to do my best in life, and if she doesn't live through this, then I'll never get to bring it out of her again.

"Mommy! Look, I made you a sandcastle!" I clapped my hands together, shifting as more sand filled my shoes.

"That's great honey!" She replied, sitting next to me in the sand to help me. Just as I was about to put the flag on top, tiny shoes pranced all over it.

"Jack!" I squealed, tears slipping out of my eyes. He laughed and continued to smash the castle. "I hate you." I muttered.

"Mr. Barakat!" My mother put her hands on her hips, staring at the little boy who was in my pre-school class. "That wasn't very nice of you, now was it?" She said.

Jack pulled up his overalls, and shrugged. "No." He muttered.

"Maybe you should help her build another one?" She asked. Jack nodded and sat down next to me silently. "Are you alright, sweeheart? Jack's going to help us build another one." I nodded and we began moving sand again, and my mom became my hero.


The doctor slipped into the room, fiddling with his hands. Not a good sign. "I have some news." He said, and my step dad and Jack stood up next to me. He sighed.

Shit. Tears began to slide down my face. "I'm afraid Macy has slipped into a coma." He finished. I sighed in relief, at least she was alive.

"So, she'll wake up?" I asked. Jack's arm slithered around my waist and I shivered. I hoped he was trying to comfort me, maybe it was a sign that he liked me, but I'm afraid he was just trying to keep me from falling.

"It's a touchy situation. Her brain has recieved serious head trauma. If she does wake up, she won't ever be the same. There was severe damage to the occipital lobe, if she wakes she probably will be blind. We are still working to asses the rest of damage."

"Can I see her?" I choked out, shaking. He nodded. I ripped myself from Jack's grasp and flew through the doors behind the doctor. I rapidly shot past rooms that were either empty or not familiar. And then I finally came across me moms. My legs wobbled, and I walked to her bedside. I took her hand and shuddered at the wires connecting all over her body. There was a tube down her throat, and she had scratches all over her. "No..." I whispered, and everything hit me at once. If she was gone, I would only have my step-dad, and he couldn't stand the sight of me half the time. The boys were leaving for tour, and I would have no hope getting the things I needed for college, I would be on my own. "You can't leave me!" I gripped her pale weak hand. "Please, Mommy, wake up!" I yelled, gripping her hand tighter. "You cannot leave me here!" I let go of her hand and pounded on her chest. Her limbs reacted and then went back to their original position. "You cannot leave me!" I screamed, tears rolling down my face. As I went to slam my fist against her chest once more a strong hand caught it. I turned around and saw Jack standing next to me. He pulled me against his chest and i continued to cry. "She can't be gone." I choked out. His hand slide over my hair. "She can't."

"She's not gone. It'll be alright." Jack said, and dragged me to a chair and sat me on his lap. "She's going to be okay." He cooed and kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dawh.... okay well this is sort of sad. haha. I'll post more soon!

Comment pleaseeeee???? It really helps me a lot.

Thanks guys! : )