Status: Completed.

The Boy In My Dream.

letting go.

IMPORTANT: READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END! Oh & thank you guys so much for getting me to almost 15,000 reads just in ONE CHAPTER!

I'm so confused about my living arrangement stuff so.. here I go. Josh is at his own house in London. Brittany has her own complex that Lauren practically lives in, but Lauren also has her own complex in a different area then Brittany. The boys are staying in a hotel for a little bit, before they move out into their own houses or whatever. KAY?

*Josh's POV

I stormed out of McDonald's, not even caring about Niall. How could he say that? Sure, Brittany and Niall are dating right now, but still. He should know that they weren't bad memories, they were the best memories we both had. Good memories until I dumped her for no good reason. I unlocked my car door and started the engine, only slightly looking back to see if Niall was going to come out to finish explaining himself. He didn't though. He was still sitting down at the booth with his head down. I drove out of the parking lot and back to my house.

I got to my house and flopped onto the couch in the living room. I've been thinking about the same things since I walked into Niall's hotel room and Brittany was there. How is she doing? What has she been up to? Are her and Niall dating? What's going to happen between us? The last two questions I already had answers to though, and I didn't let them.

Are her and Niall dating? Yes.

What's going to happen between us? Our friendship will break- and it did.

Niall and I haven't been talking since Brittany came into his life, and if we did; we just fought. I guess I now had a lot of time to just think.

*Lauren's POV

I was sitting down on Brittany's couch in her complex watching TV and pigging out on her food. I wasn't even expecting for Brittany to come home, she hasn't been here for the pass week! I haven't even seen her. She once again choose her boyfriend over me. I haven't even seen Louis in a few days. I pulled out my phone and decided to text both of them.

TO: Louis<3

Hey, I miss you! When do I get to see you? Hopefully soon! xxx (:

TO: BRITTANY!

You know it's fucked up that you've been completely ignoring me lately. You can hang out with Niall, but pay attention to your friends too. Especially me because I'm always there for you.

I quickly got a reply from Louis:

FROM: Louis<3

I miss you too, love! I could come by Brittany's complex later to hang out, because I doubt you are at your own. Hahaha. xxx

I sent him back a reply saying that I was at Brittany's and that I couldn't wait to see him, but I never got a reply back from Brittany. Where was this girl? If on cue she comes barging into her house. She stops to look at me with a confused expression then ran off to her room. What's up with her? Being a good friend I am I walked over to her room and lightly knocking on the door before walking in, letting her know I was coming in. Brittany was laying on her bed, face down on a pillow. I walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Hey, Brittany. What's wrong?" I was rubbing her back, trying to comfort her.

"Niall and I. We were, uh, having fun and I ran." She mumbled into her pillow.

"DID YOU GUYS ALMOST HAVE SEX!?"

"No! We were I guess, heating up. Then I thought of Josh." You could tell how ashamed she was.

"You still love him, huh?" She nodded her head in response. "Well, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know, because I like Niall... a lot. Just Josh always interferes." She was now sitting up in her bed with her legs crossed.

"You guys need to talk."

"I know, Niall is coming over, but I think you need to leave." I was confused. Why would I need to leave? I would just go into a different room.

"Why?"

"He doesn't like you." That couldn't have hurt anymore then it did.

"Nice to know that you are choosing your boyfriend over your friend. Bye Brittany." I ran out of her bedroom and to the front door. I opened up the door and Mr. Niall Horan was standing right there. I glared at him, then ran off. I sent Louis a text to come to my house instead and that I'll explain everything there.

*Brittany's POV

Once those four words slipped out of my mouth, I regretted it. I shouldn't have said anything. It wasn't my place to and I technically eavesdropped to hear it, but what hurt me the most was what she said. I didn't want to loose Lauren. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I knew what I had to do even though I didn't want to. I heard my door creak open and I was opening it was going to be Lauren, and that she came back. It wasn't though- it was Niall.

"Hey babe. What was that all about?" He said while walking into my bedroom. I think it was referring to Lauren.

"Um. That's what I need to talk to you about."

"I thought we were going to talk about what happened this morning?" We were going to talk about that, I thought to myself.

"That doesn't matter anymore. Niall, I'm sorry, but I can't date you anymore." I saw the sadness in his eyes right away. What have I done?

"W-why?" Tears were starting to show up.

"I can't date someone who doesn't like my best friend. I have to choose my friends over a guy." I gulped. "I'm so sorry Niall. I like you so much, but our relationship can't continue unless you like Lauren."

"Brittany, I think I love you though." He was now sitting on my bed. I can't fall for his trap.

"I'm so sorry. I just can't." I leaned in a kissed him on the cheek, wiping away some of his tears.

"This isn't about Josh is it?"

"No Niall. It's not. I promise." I kissed him one more time, but on his lips. I would miss this so much.

"Bye then." He got up and walked out of my bedroom before I could say anything else. I wanted to go and chase after him. I wanted to be with him, but Lauren was more important. I messed up another relationship, but with someone who I could see my future with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muahaha. Anyways! IMPORTANT: So, I was thinking I would only go up to 25 chapters, then have an Epilogue. I was going to have a sequel, but school is starting in less than a month.. so I don't think I can. I need your opinions! What do you think about that??