Perfectly Destroying Me

07

walked into the living room, wearing a t shirt that was far too big for me and a pair of shorts, what can I say, lazy days in are my profession. Walking up to the fridge, I took out a carton of orange juice, drinking it straight out seeing as it was practically empty, "And what if I wanted some?" Matt said walking through wearing his boxers, his short ruffled hair standing on end.
"Well then I'd have to say," I said walking up to him, "Get a new carton," I smiled shaking it to show that there was none left and placing a gently kiss on his lips.

"No chance," he laughed softly, "We don't have any food."

"Okay, how about we get dressed and go grocery shopping," I smiled.

"But I don't want to," he said imitating a child.

"I'll get you whatever candy you want," I smiled, he immediately went into our bedroom to get dressed.

Matt and I have been together for the past three years now. It seems that the past is in the past and, I feel that our future is together. Obviously, we've had our ups and downs, while he's been on tour, there is of course a trust issue, but those were the early stages, we don't plan on ending our relationship any time soon. But honestly, if I ever come across a couple whose relationship is "perfect" I'll take my hat off to them, it takes guts to put on an act like that.

I walked into our bedroom to find Matt sitting on the bed fully dressed, to my surprise, "I need a shower babe," I laughed.

"What?" he sighed in disappointment, "You didn't tell me this why?"

"Didn't think it was important," I winked then stuck my tongue out. I grabbed some clean clothes so I could get changed in the bathroom, it was just my way of pissing off Matt, playfully of course, while I was in the shower I could hear his fingers tapping on the door, saying things in baby voices such as:

"Ali, let me in," and "All I wanted was my candy," I laughed softly as I washed the conditioner out of my hair. I got out quickly and dried off, getting changed in a pair of light blue jeans and a slashed Wednesday 13 T shirt, which I had made. I opened the door and saw Matt sitting on the floor with his knees pulled up to his chest.

"Matt, you're such a big baby," I laughed.

"I know you are but what am I?" he stuck his tongue out.

"You're a twenty six year old fully grown man acting like a kid, that's what you are," I said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"You win," he sighed. I quickly dried my hair, letting it fall in it's natural wavy state. I didn't really bother with makeup, just a stoke of eyeliner and that was it.

"Baby, you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep, we'll take my car," he said grabbing his keys along with his hat and bandanna. I nodded and grabbed my bag. We headed out to his car hand in hand, and I got into the passenger side. I saw Matt fix his bandanna and place his hat on his head, he gave a satisfied nod and turned on the ignition, "Shit, I left my CD in the house," he sighed as he noticed that the radio automatically started.

"It's okay," I smiled as I pulled out a CD from my bag. It was my favourite album; Black Metal by Venom. Matt looked at the goats head gracing the front cover and rolled his eyes, "What?" I asked. I knew for a fact that Matt hated this band, they 'weren't his thing' as he put it.

"Nothing, you still love Venom after all these years, I'm shocked," he smiled.

"Yeah, what isn't there to like?" I smiled, "You don't like them, we don't have to listen to them," I said placing the CD back in my bag.

"No," he said looking at me quickly and grabbing it out of my bag, not averting his gaze from the road, "You love Venom, put the CD in," he smiled.

"You spoil me," I grinned placing the CD in carefully, The first track started to play automatically, 'Black Metal' which was named after the album, my favourite song of all time . I started to sing along to each word as loud as I could, making Matt laugh and random people walking past stare at me as we stopped at a red light.

Matt parked the car in the parking lot and I jumped out energetically, "What the hell?" Matt laughed.

"I don't know, I'm hyper," I shrugged.

"Now who's the big baby?" he asked me as he wrapped his arm around me, I slapped his shoulder playfully and we proceeded to walk to the store, grabbing a cart on the way in, "So, what's first?" he asked.

"We need some fruit," I said picking up a bag of apples and some grapes. I placed them in the trolley and carried on started pushing it along, until I felt some tugging on my leg. I looked down and saw a little boy, he didn't look a day over 6, rubbing his eyes with a saddened look on his face, "Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" I asked crouching down so I was at his level, "Are you lost?" he simply nodded his head and continued rubbing his eyes, "I'll find your mommy and daddy don't worry," I smiled.

"Ali, you've found a new boyfriend!" Matt said in shock making the little boy laugh, "What's your name little guy?" he asked.

"I'm not meant to talk to strangers," he said shyly.

"Well, I'm Matt and this is Alicia, see we're not strangers any more," Matt smiled.

"I'm James," he waved.

"That's my friends name too, but you're a bit too short to be him,"

"My God! James! There you are," I heard a woman shout, "I'm sorry, I hope he didn't cause trouble," she apologized lifting him up from the ground.

"Not at all," I smiled.

"Well thank you," she sighed.

"No problem," we both said, "Matt he was adorable," I said in a squeaky voice.

"Yeah he was cute," Matt nodded, "Our kid would be cuter though," he added. I stopped pushing the cart and looked at him dropping my smile.

"Matt," I sighed, "We need to wait a while, you know you're really busy and it's not fair on it," I added giving him a kiss, "Soon yeah?" I said.

"Yeah," he smiled, "We've run out of Frosties," he said picking up a box and placing it in front of his face saying the They're grrrreat! slogan. Making me giggle.

"Matt, I'm hungry," I whined as he threw the box in the cart.

"We'll go to McDonald's or something, okay?" I nodded my head.

***

"You've been quiet babe, what's wrong?" I asked him as I took a sip of my thick strawberry milkshake. He shrugged his shoulders and placed his sunglasses on the table, "Matt?" I asked.

"Nothing sweetie," he smiled snaking his arm around my shoulder, I scooted closer to him and snuggled into his chest, placing my feet across the rest of the chair, we had a whole booth to ourselves seeing as McDonald's is strangely enough quiet on school days. I giggled softly as Matt grabbed my hand and started playing with my fingers.

"What are you doing?" I laughed quietly as I examined him, "I thought looking at nails was my job," I smiled.

"You're hand looks a bit, I don't know, bare," he shrugged sipping his coke.

"What do you mean?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"I mean, every hand needs a rock at some point," he explained.

"Oh," I said playing stupid, I tried to hide the fact that I was smiling by taking a huge gulp of my drink.

"Ali, marry me," he said. You see it in movies all the time, men are about to pop the question and they're shaking like crazy, they're sweating like nobody's business and they can't catch their breath until the dreaded answer.
But with Matt, it just rolled off of his tongue, like it came naturally, like it was meant to be. I turned to him with a twinkle in my eye, holding back the biggest smile I could possibly have.

"Matt, I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I grinned, "And yes, I will marry you."

He was smiling like crazy, giving me a bone crushing, all-be-it romantic, hug, "I love you," he said kissing me passionately.

"And I love you too," I grinned.

I guess some things are meant to be...
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter =]
Comment please
x