Status: Coming Soon!

What You Don't Know, Can't Hurt You

Chapter 1: Part 2

I met Brayden Schenn about 4 months ago, at my 21st birthday. I was attending the University of Pennsylvania and was on the cheerleading squad. For that special day when I (finally!) became legal, my teammates decided that they were going to take me out to a Flyer’s game and then to the bars after. Having lived in Philadelphia my entire life, I was a HUGE Flyer’s fan and decided that was probably the best present like, ever! The captain of my cheer team - also my best friend - had once slept with Claude Giroux so, after the big win that night, she texted him to find out what they were going to be doing to celebrate. He gave her the name of the bar and we headed back to my apartment to lose the Flyer’s attire and get dressed up.

About an hour later, we were pulling up and I was already pretty buzzed. We walked in and headed straight for the bar, scanning the room for the boys we were aiming for.

“He was the best fuck like, ever,” Chelsea raved. “If I can get him to take me home again tonight I’m going to be the happiest person in the fucking world.”

“Shut up. He’ll totally take you home. But, we’re focusing on me tonight,” I slurred. “Who am I going to pick up?”

“His roommate’s really hot!” she replied. “Like, seriously. How cute would that be! We’d like, go home together!”

Everyone laughed. “That would be so like you guys…” one of our friends said.

We all finally got two drinks each and headed towards the VIP section. We got up to the security guard and he asked for our names. Chelsea leaned in around him and nodded to Giroux. Seconds later, we were in and each setting our sights on the score for the night.

“He’s that one over there,” Chelsea whispered, pointing to probably the most gorgeous guy I had ever seen.

“I know Chelsea. I’m obsessed with this team, remember?” I whispered back, as I made eye contact with him. “Best. Birthday. Present. Ever.”

I let him watch me look him up and down then looked him in the eye again and nodded. When I saw the smirk, I knew I had him. I hip bumped Chelsea, gave her a wink and headed in his direction. “Hey, birthday girl. Cute tiara,” he said, checking me out.

“Thanks, cutie. The big 2-1. You know, once in a lifetime type of thing.”

“I know it. My 21st was last month,” he responded. “I’m Brayden.”

“Jory,” I said, smiling.

We sat down and talked for a while, until I had finished my drinks. “Come on,” I slurred, standing up and grabbing his hand. “We’re going to dance.”

It wasn’t long before things were getting heated between us and eventually I turned around and kissed him. He was hesitant for about half a second but gave in quickly. After about 20 minutes of being “that couple” on the dance floor, I finally moved over to his ear and whispered, “Let’s leave.”

“God. I thought you’d never ask,” he responded, pulling me towards the door. “But, um, Giroux will probably bring someone home tonight. Can we like, go to your place?”

“Uh, sure,” I said, quickly. That seemed a bit weird to me. I had always gone to the guys house in these situations but I figured, whatever. He was probably uncomfortable knowing his roommate was fucking some girl right next door and well, I did live alone.

As soon as my apartment door closed behind us we started stripping each other’s clothes. We ended up hooking up on my couch because we couldn’t wait to get to the bedroom – the first time. We eventually made it to my bed but, we didn’t sleep much.

I woke up the next morning to a cell phone ringing. I didn’t recognize the ring tone so I groaned and rolled over, wondering what the hell was going on. That was when I noticed Brayden lying next to me, passed out. “Oh. Right. Oops,” I thought to myself, laughing. I shook him, trying to wake him up. “Dude! Wake the fuck up. Your phone is driving me nuts!”

“What?” he said, groggily. “What the hell?” He rolled over and looked at me, confused. “Oh, um, hi? My phone? Oh! Shit! My phone!” He jumped out of bed and started running around looking for his pants.

“You look good naked!” I shouted after him.

“Shut up!” he yelled back. I rolled my eyes and sank back into bed. A few minutes later he was back in the room, looking for anything he had forgotten.

“Who was that?” I asked. “It’s early. Nobody’s awake this early.”

“Um, Claude. Yeah, my roommate. He, uh, wants me to come home and cook him breakfast,” he laughed nervously. “Can’t cook for shit. I’m sorry. I feel like an ass but I forgot your name…”

“Jory,” I said laughing. “And you aren’t an ass. At least you had the courtesy to ask.”

He laid his phone on the bed and I quickly grabbed it. “I’m putting my number in here under J. It’s kind of a test to see if you remember my name this time. Text if you want. Last night was fun,” I said smiling.

When I was done I quickly flicked to his call list. “Awe, you have your roommate in your phone under Babe? That’s a little gay but, whatever. I know for a fact you’re at least half straight,” I laughed, tossing the phone back to him.

“Uh, yeah,” he laughed, nervously again.

“God, you’re timid when you’re sober. No need for that shit. We fucked. No need to be nervous,” I winked at him. “You leaving now?”

“Yeah, I need to go. I’ll text you though. Yeah. I have your number.”

“I won’t hold my breath, bud. You’re the first one night stand I actually gave my number to.”

“I’ll text,” he said, a little more forcefully.

“Alright then,” I said, climbing out of bed. “But right now, you should leave. It’s early and I wanna go back to bed.” I pushed him towards the door.

After he left I climbed back into bed and slept for most of the day. When I woke up and remembered everything, I couldn’t help but laugh. I grabbed my phone and texted Chelsea.
“I actually gave him my number. BAHA. Good fuck though. Happy birthday to me!”

It wasn’t long before my phone beeped. “HAHA! Good for you. Where’d you go? I hooked up with G again. : )”

“My apartment. Weird but whatevs. Wanna go to dinner? I just woke up. Need foooood!”

“Totally! Pick you up in 20?”

“K! Grabbing a quick shower. You know the code. Just come up when you get here!”

“K.”

We went for dinner then ended up back at my apartment. “Let’s just watch some movies, Chels. I’m exhausted.”

“Sounds good to me, girl. I was up all night,” she said, laughing.

We threw in a movie and it wasn’t long until we were both asleep on the couch. We woke up around 11 to someone knocking on my door. “What the fuck,” I said, looking at Chelsea. “You’re the only one who knows the code?”

“Uh, yeah…” she said nervously. The knock became more forceful. We both stood up and went towards the door. I stood on my tip-toes and looked out the peep hole. “How the hell did you get in here?” I shouted through the door.

“Someone was leaving and I caught the door,” Brayden responded.

“That’s kinda creepy,” Chelsea whispered. “But kinda hot…”

“It’s time for you to leave,” I whispered to her, smiling.

I swung open the door. “Well, it looks like I just became a booty call!” I said, smiling at him.

He was in through the door and kissing me – hard – before Chelsea could even leave. “Jesus guys,” she whined. “You could’ve waited 5 seconds.”

The minute the door click shut behind her he was pulling my shirt up over my head. “Holy fuck, Brayden. Angry sex? What, did Claude kick you out?”

He didn’t say anything and shut me up by kissing me again. I shrugged and started unbuttoning his shirt. When I started undoing his belt buckle he pulled away and took his phone out of his pocket. “What’re you doing?” I asked, confused. I watched him turn it off. “Oh, I won’t be woken up by Giroux tomorrow morning?” I said, laughing.

“Something like that,” he said, sounding pissed.

“Good. That really pissed me off this morning,”

“Shut up, Jory,” he whispered, starting to kiss his way down my neck. “Let’s try and make it to the bed on the first time tonight.”

I woke up around noon the next day to the smell of coffee. “Mmm,” I thought to myself. “Making himself at home, isn’t he?”

I climbed out of bed and pulled on some clothes. “Feeling calmer this morning?” I asked Brayden, coming up behind him.

“Jesus!” he exclaimed, jumping a mile. “Don’t do that!”

I started cracking up. “Man, you’re so nervous in the mornings. Caffeine probably isn’t good for you. You need to calm the fuck down.”

“Shut up. You scared the shit outta me. Have some coffee. I need to go in a bit.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever. Don’t come knocked on my door tonight, though. I have school in the morning. I’m not dealing with you tonight.”

“I’m going out of town this week anyway,” he replied. “I’ll be back. Might be a couple of weeks though,” he said as he turned on his phone.

“I don’t really care. At least text first next time. I’d like to make sure I don’t have anyone else here,” I said, looking at him seriously.

“Do what you want,” he said back. “It’s not like we’re dating.” His phone started going crazy.

“Fuck,” he whispered. “Hello?” I obviously couldn’t hear what was being said on the other end but I could tell by his face that he was getting pissed off again. “I went out for breakfast okay? I’m on my way back now.” He looked at me, rolled his eyes then hung up.

“Holy shit,” I said, raising my eyebrows. “I wouldn’t be able to put up with a roommate like that.”

“Yeah,” he replied, giving me a tight smile. “I’ve gotta go.”