Status: Coming Soon!

What You Don't Know, Can't Hurt You

Chapter 4: Part 1

Brayden seemed way too happy for first thing in the morning. I wasn’t sure what had gotten into him – maybe something happened at his meeting. I decided to poke around and see what I could find out.

“How was your meeting yesterday?”

“Oh… my… meeting,” Brayden stuttered, glancing at James. “Um, just casual you know. They were just making sure I doing fine on my own and stuff, you know.”

“That’s good that they care about you,” I said as James shot me a questioning glare. We finished our breakfast in an awkward silence. Brayden announced that he was going to go take a shower so James and I cleaned up the kitchen together.

“Zoe, there is something going on with him. The Flyers organization doesn’t randomly organize bullshit meetings like that. I mean, yeah, they check in on us and see how we are doing, but not like that.”

“I’m scared to find out the truth,” I whispered as he pulled me in for a hug. We continued on with the dishes and once we were done, we each headed in to our own room.

Brayden seemed to be taking the longest shower of life. Eventually he came back in to my room, wrapped only in a towel.

“Damnnn, you look good,” I said feeling a little in the mood.

“You would look a lot better out of those clothes,” he said as he shut the door behind him and started coming towards me, dropping the towel along the way.

It didn’t take him very long to get me naked, just where he wanted me. We had fantastic sex and I couldn’t help but think that it seemed the more I questioned our relationship the better the sex got. When we were finished and just laying there cuddling I decided it was time I better ask him.

“Bray, is there something going on? Like, in your life? You seem distant lately.” I felt bad for wording it that way but I needed to get it off my chest. We sat in silence for a long time before he answered.

“There are rumors that I’m going to get traded. I know the chances of it happening are slim to none because they sacrificed their captain to get Simmonds and I here. It just scares me you know.”

“Oh.” Was all I said. I couldn’t imagine him going to any other team. It felt like he belonged here, he fit in so well.

We hung around the house all day. James, Brayden and I watched action movies the better part of the afternoon. James’ phone rang and he said it was his mom so he got up and walked into his bedroom.

“I feel so bad for him. He is so depressed,” I said as I looked at Brayden. I could tell he was thinking the exact same thing.

“Yeah I know what you mean. I was texting some of the boys and we think we should have a guys night out tonight.”

“Yeah, that would be really good for him. Find some easy slut and get his mind off Mona.”

“That’s exactly what I was thinking,” Brayden said as his phone in his pocket buzzed. “Umm, I have to be somewhere. Claude and Max will pick him up later, make sure he is dressed half decent.”

“Okay?” I said questioningly. Where did he have to be all of a sudden? And why was he was acting so weird?

Once James got off the phone with his mom I told him to go and shower. When he got out I had his clothes lying on his bed.

“Where we going Zoe?”
“I’m not going anywhere. I have a lot of school work to do but Claude and Max are picking you up in a bit.”

He seemed like he didn’t want to go out, that he would be happy just lounging around here all night, but he got dressed and combed his hair. He mixed us each a small drink and before we knew it Claude and Max were knocking at the door. They came in and had a drink before taking James away for the night.

I gave him a quick hug. “Text if anything goes wrong. I can come and get you when and wherever if you need me.”

“Okay, bye Zoe!” He said as he shut the door behind him.

I went back in my room and began to work on my economics assignment. Before I knew it I was drifting in and out of sleep, so I picked up all my books and laptop and threw them on the floor. I sat my phone on the nightstand and quickly fell asleep.

Soon enough my phone was ringing like crazy. I looked at the clock – 1:37. “Wonder what the fuck happened,” I thought to myself. Sure enough it was James.

“Zoe, don’t even talk. Get dressed and get down here. I figured out the mystery with Brayden – there’s another girl.” When I heard that I almost fainted, but anger kept me from doing so. James gave me the address, I threw on a pair of leggings and a shirt, since I was sleeping I threw my hair in a bun. I didn’t look bad but I wasn’t looking my best either. It wasn’t 5 minutes later I was out in my car that Brayden and James had bought me for Christmas.

I got to the club and flashed my ID, they nodded and let me in. I looked right at the bar and sure enough there was Brayden with his arm wrapped around some whore. I quickly walked towards them and James saw me coming. I grabbed his drink out of his hand and when I reached Brayden and that fucking slut I heard her order a Pornstar – my favorite drink!

“Here’s your fucking porn star, you bitch!” I yelled as I poured it down her back. At this point I had no control over what I was doing, I was black out mad.

Brayden looked at me, shocked. I had never seen him this way, I could have easily kicked the shit out of him I was so mad, but seeing how he was a public figure, I was glad I didn’t.

“What’s it like being the other woman, whore?!”

I was just about ready to punch the bitch out, when I felt someone grab each of my arms and pull me back. James was on one side and Claude on the other.

“Come on guys. Let’s take this outside, you’re drawing a crowd.” By this time Max came along and was trying to be a peacemaker.

They pulled me outside and Max made sure Brayden and his slut followed along. We went down a small little alley so we could make sure that nobody was following us trying to get pictures or videos of the potential blow up. The whole way there I was swearing while James and Claude repeatedly told me to be quiet.

They finally released their grip on me and I went straight for Brayden, pushing his shoulders as hard as I could. Although he barely moved, it felt good to release some of my anger. I instantly began to chirp him too.

“What the fuck Brayden?! Am I not pretty enough for you – she sure as hell isn’t much better. What about smart enough? At least I go to school! She looks like a fucking waitress. All I can imagine is she is fucking good in bed, and that still doesn’t make sense because sex lately has been fucking amazing. So what the fuck is it Brayden? What the fuck is your problem?”

I looked over at her and she was bawling. That didn’t stop me from yelling at her either.

“What about you, you fucking slut? You just needed to go fuck up somebody else’s relationship just because your life wasn’t going right? Whores are all the same; sleep with somebody famous and instantly go after their money. You’re such a fucking slut. I bet your mother would be proud.”

By this time James, Claude and Max were trying to calm me down. All the slut could say was “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Eventually I told her to shut the fuck up.

After I stopped to take a breath for a minute, Brayden started to approach me.

“Whoa man. I don’t think that’s a good idea right now,” Claude said in his French accent.

“Zoe, I’m sorry. I really am! After being with her I realized you are the one I want! You’re the one I love, I’m sorry Zoe.”

“Shut the fuck up Bray. I made that slut feel like shit already, have a little bit of consideration and stop saying that shit in front of her and our friends. Go the fuck home. I’m not dealing with you or her right now.” James was on his phone calling a cab as we began to walk away. I turned around and looked at that whore that caused me so much pain and said.

“Don’t worry bitch, this isn’t the last you have heard from me.”

I left my car right where I parked it, I would deal with the parking fine at another time. The boys had too much to drink and I obviously couldn’t drive in my state. We hopped in a cab, dropping Claude and Max off at Claude’s house.

“Call us if you guys need anything at all tonight.” Max said as he got out of the cab.

We instructed the cab driver where to go and finally we reached our home.