There's Nothing Sad About It

Prologue

It was Damian’s idea to kill June Carter.

Actually, now that I think about it, Steven was in on it, too. We were all in on it in the end, but that first idea, that first kill--that was all Damian and Steven.

I’ll never forget the night of August 24th, 2010. It was late, probably around two in the morning, and my parents were sleeping when I heard the tell-tale ping of a pebble on my window. I smiled--it was Damian.

Damian and I had been best friends since we were old enough to know what best friends were. Starting in eighth grade, Damian would come to my house every night (usually between the hours of eleven and two) and throw a single pebble at my window. Then I’d go downstairs and meet him in my backyard and we’d talk for hours about nothing at all… at least nothing of importance.

…Until that night. When I got outside, Damian was shaking. His hair was flying everywhere (the wind probably didn’t help), his knees were buckling as if he was about to fall over, and he had the most beautiful smile on his face.

“I did it,” he told me. He blinked, almost like an afterthought, then continued. “Actually, Steve and I did it.”

It was then that I noticed the blood on his hands.

A normal person would freak out and run away, call the police--do something. But not me. You see, I’m not a normal person. None of us are.

All five of us are self-proclaimed psychopaths.

So, instead of running away, I smirked at Damian and replied, “You finally got the guts, huh?”

June Carter was our first kill, but most certainly not our last.

Luckily for you, I’m going to tell you about each and every kill. By the end of this story you’ll know every last gory detail--every drop of blood shed, every stab inflicted, every beat blown… you’ll know it all.

You see, from one perspective, when we smile at each other and giggle and say, “There’s nothing sad about it.” we look like a group of silly teenagers.

From another perspective--the right perspective--we look like what we truly are: psychopaths with no empathy whatsoever. Because, honestly, there really isn’t anything sad about this story at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am VERY VERY VERY excited for this story :D