Immortal Eyes

Aisling

I frowned at the text and thought back to when Mom and Dad had first brought up the topic of separation. They had just come back from a meeting with some weird shrink organization and seemed adamant on getting the two of us away from each other.

I stared up at the sparkling ceiling and felt my eyes beginning to close.

I shook my head fiercely when my brother yelled at me to run. I wasn't going to leave him there! How could I?

I turned my head every which way, before I spotted a break in the wall of creatures advancing towards us. Trying to escape would be better than using the cursed stone. I couldn't begin to imagine where the thing would throw us, next. What if it took us to a place a lot more dangerous then where we already were? I was about to point the break out to Cian, when suddenly one of the forest trolls dashed forward raising its huge sword above its head.

Steel met steel as I braced myself for the impact. My feet slid back and I could feel the rocks skidding across the ground and pelting my booted feet. I growled inwardly and pushed forward with all my might, sending the troll stumbling backwards.

"Just once," I murmured to Cian and he turned to me, dropping his sword. I grasped the purple stone and felt the unstable warmth in my hand. Cian grabbed my hand and a purple sphere enveloped us.

The stone glowed brighter and I silently prayed for it to send us somewhere safe. Suddenly I felt Cian's grip on my hand loosen and I turned to see him flying away from me. Or was I flying away from him?

"CIAN!!"


I sat up quickly, staring around my room wildly. That dream! I had had it since the beginning of the week and it always happened the same way.
My phone vibrated and I jumped. Then I laughed at myself for being so nervous.

Hey are you still there? Cian had texted ten minutes ago.

Yeah, sorry! I fell asleep I replied, quickly