Status: Just started! Encourage me :)

Just To Disappear

Old Friends

Ricky laughed as he set my luggage on the front porch of the villa, "So you really just felt like dying your beautiful blonde hair black? Why not go red?"
I scrunched up my nose as I turned to open the door, "Nah I just did this on impulse."
"Why?"
"I wanted change," I said quietly as I turned the key and the door swung open, "What happened to all the maids?"
"They were sent home," he responded, "Just call at the gates and we'll get them back. So yeah back to you; why'd you spontaneously dye your hair and chop it off."
"Does it look horrible?" I asked as I sat on the couch.
"Nope," he said quickly still standing in the doorway, "Just different."

I glanced at the large clock; after ten at night. We'd wandered around and caught up, then lingered at the hotel before dragging my luggage here. I yawned involuntarily.

"I should probably let you get to bed," he started backing out.
"No its fine," I began but he cut me off.
"I stole you from your boyfriend Ethan and he kinda looked pissed. You should call him," he said and closed the door.

I sat staring at it for five minutes.
Boyfriend?
The heat rose to my cheeks. It had been a long time since I had felt something for a guy. I reached for the phone then cursed out loud when I realized that we'd never exchanged numbers.

"Fuck sake," I said and sat back down frowning.

Okay Maxine. You like him. Like really like him. Enough to think about wanting him as a boyfriend, to want his arms around you, to want forehead kisses and even lip kisses

I sat up straighter and nearly pissed myself when the phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered confused.
"Maxine?"
"Ethan?!" I exclaimed both shocked and pleased.
"Yeah sorry to bother you," he began, "I'm sorry I got so angry earlier okay?"
"Its cool," I said quietly.
"Great."
"Um Ethan?" I stammered unsure of how to ask him out.
"Yes?" he said but just then I heard a girl giggle from within the phone.
Ethan who are you talking to?" she asked.
"Listen Max I'll talk to you soon alright?" he said and chuckled at something she must have done. My blood boiled.

"Sure," I said nonchalantly even though ice was covering my heart with every passing second.
"Awesome," he said, "Later!"
The phone went dead.
And I just sat there listening to the dial tone with an empty feeling deep within me.