Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 1 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“And 5, 6, 7,…8!” a petite brunette called out to the teenage girls standing in her studio. They launched themselves up onto pointe and began the routine.

“Miss Chambres,” a voice called out behind her.

She sighed and pulled her eyes away from her dancers. “Yes?”

“Phone for you,” the secretary said gesturing to the front desk.

The brunette nodded and turned back to her dancers. “Rita, go through some final stretches. I’ve got to take a call.”

*******

“Lenore Malorie Chambres!” a voice shrieked on the other end. “Where are you?”

Lenore groaned. It was Chantal. “Um, at the studio, teaching.”

“What!” Chantal, Lenore’s best friend and assistant, exclaimed. “You realize you have a board meeting in 15 minutes and then that charity event tonight, right?”

Lenore sighed. “Yes. And I’ll be there on time, I promise. Just relax; I can hear blood vessels popping.”

“This isn’t the time to be joking!” Chantal scolded. “And my blood vessels are just fine, thank you very much. Just get here.” The line went dead.

*******

“So, Lenore. Are we a ‘go’ for the new ad campaign?” a voice asked her.

Lenore jumped in her seat at the head of the conference table. “Wha-? Oh, yes. That sounds like a plan. Put it into action ASAP.” She had zoned out. Lenore didn’t want to be in this position; CEO of her father’s advertising company. His death had been unexpected and she had been unprepared. Honestly, she didn’t want any of this. She would have preferred to be in her studio office, selecting a theme for that year’s Spring Showcase. But instead, she was sitting in a board meeting, trying to stay awake.

“Right, well. I think that finishes everything up for today. Do you have anything else, Lenore?” Marc, the vice-president, asked.

“I do,” she nodded and stood up. “I just want to thank you all for being understanding when it comes to the way I’m handling things. You can obviously all see that I am not my father. I don’t manage this company the way he did, and if you don’t like it, I’m sorry. I’m juggling two businesses and I’m trying to make it all work. You’ve all offered support in many ways, and I’m so grateful. I’ll see you all Monday.” And with that, everyone filed out of the conference room, ready to start their weekend.

*******

Two hours later, Lenore was climbing in her car, ready for the Pittsburgh Penguins Skates and Plates.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little something to get this contest entry started. I'd love some feedback, lovelies!