Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 13 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“Mon ami, all I know is that she was there with some guy,” Marc-Andre explained.

“You’re sure?” Sidney asked.

“Sid,” Vero comforted. “Don’t get too upset right away. I’m sure there’s a logical and totally platonic explanation for this.”

Sidney nodded slowly. “I’m sure you’re right. Lenore wouldn’t do something like that.” Or at least, that’s what he tried to convince himself of.

******

“Hey, Sid,” Lenore smiled to the hockey player. “Is everything okay?”

He hovered by the water side, not ready to look at her. “I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me?”

Lenore furrowed her brow. She didn’t understand. “What? Sidney, what’s going on?”

“Who were you at dinner with on Friday?” he asked straight out. Sidney didn’t beat around the bush.

“Friday? I was out with… with my ex-fiancé,” Lenore sighed. “Let me explain.”

“Why should I let you?” he grimaced to himself.

Lenore approached him and touched his arms. “Because I have the right to tell you that I broke it off with him and he wanted to see me so that we could sort things out. I wouldn’t cheat on you, Sidney, especially not with Jason.”

“Why’d you leave him?” he asked.

“My father never approved of Jason. And after the funeral… it just didn’t feel right to stay with him,” Lenore explained.

“Oh,” Sidney said quietly. Why was he so stupid?

“I can’t believe you didn’t trust me. I can’t believe it,” Lenore said stepping back.

“What was I supposed to do? Flower and Vero saw you two! What did you want me to do?” Sidney asked incredulously.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe come and talk to me instead of avoiding me for three days. You know, that’s what a sensible person would do,” Lenore huffed.

Sidney looked at her. It was true; he had been avoiding her since Saturday when Vero and Marc had told him.

“What was I supposed to THINK? You being there with him could have been very easily misinterpreted,” Sidney defended.

“But you should have come to me straight away. I get that you thought I was going behind your back, I do get that. But what I don’t understand is why you couldn’t come and talk to me and be totally honest,” Lenore said. “I just don’t.”

“You talk about me being honest while you’re the one who has to lie to yourself so you can get through the day!” Sidney exclaimed.

“You don’t get it,” Lenore shook her head. “You just don’t.”

“Then tell me!” Sidney begged. “Tell me why! Give me a logical answer!”

“Not all things in life are logical, Sidney. You know that,” she said. “But you know what? I don’t think I can do this.”

“Do what?” he asked.

“Be with someone that can’t be honest with me. I just won’t do it,” Lenore explained.

“And you’re perfectly honest?” Sidney laughed.

“With you I am. I’m a different story,” Lenore shrugged. “Good bye, Sidney. Have fun playing hockey.” And before Sidney could stop her, she walked away. And she didn’t plan on coming back.

*******

Lenore refused to let herself cry until she got home. She just wouldn’t do it.

Stepping into her bathroom, she collapsed. Throwing her bag into the hallway, Lenore burst into tears. She had left him. Why had she done it? She really didn’t know. Kicking her ballet flats off, Lenore turned the shower on. Letting the hot water start, she pulled of her jeans, sweater, and earrings. Stepping into the shower, her tears were joined by hot, stinging droplets of water.

Twenty minutes later, Lenore stepped out of her bathroom. Clad in a towel, she leaned against the wall. She had cried all her tears and now it was time to deal with the aftermath of that day. She was done with Sidney. Done with him, done with hockey. And that was the honest to God truth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, my! Sooo, what did you guys think? Did you like it, hate it, in between? There are only a few chapters left to go and then it'll be done! I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this! Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

What Lenore Wore