Sequel: Live In Reality
Status: All done...for now! Maybe an epilogue if you lovelies would like one! Comment and let me know!

Not So Honest Perfection

Chapter 17 (edited)

Not So Honest Perfection

“So Sidney,” an interviewer began. “What was going through your mind when that last buzzer sounded?”

Sidney had a huge smile spread across his face. “I was just thinking ‘this is it’. All our hard work was finally coming full circle.”

“How was your knee at the time?” he asked. It was the day after the finals and the whole team was being interviewed either individually or in a small group. This had been the idea Lenore had wanted to discuss with Mario all those months ago.

“I was on all sorts of meds. I could definitely feel the pain, but it I was all numb. The excitement kind of took over,” Sidney shrugged.

******

Lenore watched from afar. She was dressed to the 9’s; the same could be said for everyone else. The look of sheer joy on Sidney’s face was making her smile. She just couldn’t help it.

“Someone looks happy,” a voice whispered.

Lenore jumped and turned to see Vero. “Hey, V.”

“Salut,” the woman nodded. “How are you?”

“Marc told you about the call then?” Lenore sighed. “I’m worried, but at the same time, I know everything will be okay.”

“Sidney told you that?” Vero smiled knowingly. “He would. He cares about you so much. I’m sorry that Marc and I screwed it up.”

“Don’t apologize,” Lenore said putting a hand up. “You were being good friends. It’s what I would have done.”

“We felt awful. I just wanted you to know that,” Vero assured her. “Hey! You aren’t wearing your sunglasses. And I don’t see any lace!”

Lenore smiled. She was done hiding behind the sunglasses; it was time to live in the real world. And as for the lace? She was ready for something new.

“Are you two together again?” she asked nodding towards the man in question.

Lenore followed her gaze. Sidney caught her eye and gave her a smile. She returned it. Lenore wasn’t sure about exactly where they stood in that moment, but she did know one thing for sure. She knew that they could make it work.

“We will be,” Lenore whispered. “We will be.”

******

“So how do you feel about being the NHL’s ‘perfect player’?” the interviewer continued.

Sidney snapped back to where he was. He had been smiling at Lenore and thinking about how good she looked in her dress.

“Me?” he laughed. “I’m nowhere near perfection.” Sidney locked eyes with Lenore again. “But a really amazing girl once told me that perfection is overrated. And you know what? It honestly is.”

He winked at Lenore and he saw her smile grow wider. Would they ever be perfect? No, of course not. But to them, it honestly didn’t matter. So long as they had each other to lean on, everything would be just fine. Although it wasn’t exactly pretty, it was honestly the truth. And isn’t honesty perfection?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's over! What do you guys think of the way I ended it? Did you like it? I didn't want to definitively say that they got back together, it seemed a little too perfect. What are your thoughts on this story overall? I don't have plans for a sequel at the moment, but maybe I'll do an epilogue later on. What would you guys like to see for that one? This is a contest entry that isn't do for another month, so I don't think I'm going to submit it just yet. Let me know what's on your minds, lovelies!

What Lenore Wore