My Heart Needs An Attitude Adjustment

Chapter 3

“Hey Eve? I need to tell you something,” I said as we both got ready for the show to start; me in my ring gear and her in her dress.

She gave me a concerned look. “What’s wrong?” she asked as we left the locker room to get something to eat before the show. I just shook my head as we headed into the cafeteria.

“No, I’m fine. It’s just that, remember I said I used to play softball?” I asked. She nodded. “Well, that wasn’t entirely true. I’m actually still playing; my last games are this week. And before you ask how that’s possible, let me explain,” I said as she opened her mouth to say something. She then closed her mouth and let me continue. “I’m not heading on the road after tonight. I already got permission from everyone to stay home and play in my league’s post-season tournament. This is really important to me; it’s my last year. After Sunday I’ll be too old to play in the league,” I explained.

“So let me get this straight,” Eve started, “you’re staying home this week after RAW, playing softball, and then joining us for RAW next week in Milwaukee?” she clarified. I nodded. “When’s your first game of this tournament?” she asked.

I sighed as I looked at my phone. It said 7:30. “It actually should be over by now,” I said sadly. “My team usually makes quick work of the team we played tonight; they suck. But it’s okay; my coaches knew I wasn’t going to be there, and it’s the only game I’m gonna miss. It’s okay,” I said with a smile as she gave me a sorry look.

“Well, when’s your next game after tonight? I want to see you play,” she said.

I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. “I honestly can’t tell you right now. If we win we play tomorrow against one of our biggest rivals, but if we lose we don’t play until Wednesday,” I replied. “I’m really hoping we win though,” I chuckled.

“You’re still playing softball?” we heard John ask as he approached us with a plate of food of his own.

“Hey John,” I said as he took a seat next to me. “Uh, yeah, Paul and Vince gave me permission to stay home this week and finish off my last season.” I then felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and pulled it out to read the text I had just gotten. It was from my teammate, Sarah. “Yes!” I exclaimed. John and Eve just looked at me like I was crazy. “My team won! The score was 18-3,” I said with a huge smile.

“Congratulations!” they both said at once. “So then you play tomorrow night then,” Eve said happily.

“Yes, and when we win tomorrow, we play Friday. When we win Friday we only play one game on Saturday, and after we win Saturday we play in the championship game Sunday morning,” I replied happily.

I heard John chuckle. “You sound so cocky, saying you’re for sure going to win all those games,” he said as he took a bite of his food.

“No, I’m really not being cocky, John. My team went 15-1 for the regular season, and that one loss was a total fluke. If you were to see my team play, you would know. There isn’t a shadow of a doubt in anyone’s mind that we’re making it to the championship. Every team in the league knows we’re gonna make it and probably win the whole thing,” I said with a smirk.

“I’m so there tomorrow! And then we can head over to your welcome dinner right after; it’s at the Hilton Chicago,” she finished as she went to stand up and throw away her plate. Before she could get up, though, I grabbed her arm and kept her in her seat. “What?” she asked.

My eyes were bugging out at her. “No one said anything to me about a welcome dinner. I don’t want a welcome dinner; I hate attention,” I hissed. Both she and John gave me skeptical looks. Reading their minds, I said, “That’s different. I’m not gonna be me when I’m in the ring, I’m gonna be Jackie. Jackie has all the confidence in the world. Jean, on the other hand, has virtually none. Anyway, I need to go get ready for the show; I’ll see you guys later,” I said as I stood up. I then threw away my plate and headed back to the Divas’ locker room.

John’s P.O.V.

“What are you thinking about?” Eve asked as I watched Jean leave. “Aside from the fact that she looks amazing in her ring gear,” she added, thinking I was going to say that.

I shook my head. “I actually wasn’t really thinking about that. Well, I was obviously, but not my main thought. I was just thinking that I really like her. Not like ‘I want to get in her pants’ like her, but I really, genuinely like her, a lot,” I said, looking back at her.

She gave me a knowing look. “Well, you know what you can do to show her how much you care, right?” she asked. I shook my head no. “Show up at her championship game,” she said with a smirk. “You will blow her mind, trust me. She’ll be so happy that one of her co-workers actually gives a fuck about what she loves. If that doesn’t get you into her heart, I don’t know what will,” she said as she stood up to throw her plate away. “Oh, and one more thing,” She said as she came back over to the able. “Jean’s already a really close friend to me, so if you hurt her, say goodbye to having kids,” she finished and left the cafeteria.

“That’s a great idea,” I said to myself as I headed back to my locker room to get ready for the show. I was going to be in the main event against Big Show, and the winner was going to SummerSlam to face CM Punk for the WWE Championship.

Normal P.O.V.

I was getting really nervous; the show was about to start, and my match was first on the card after CM Punk, John and Big Show did their thing in the ring, and after AJ announces the main event. I decided to head to the guerilla position with AJ; I had met her and she was really friendly and sweet; not crazy like she is on live TV.

“You’ll do great!” she said reassuringly as we waited for her cue to head out onto the stage. “We’re having you win, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about,” she said as she gave me a side hug. We then heard Justin introduce her and her music go off, and I was alone until Layla joined me a few minutes later.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter!! Comments???