Status: Active! :)

Dark Side

but we're worth it, you know that we're worth it

My mind had shut off completely as my body froze in step when I opened the door to see the pretty blonde doe standing on the steps. Her eyes glowed in the light as her smile finally gave me something happy to remember. I didn't think that this was really happening; I knew Liam had nothing to do with this, did he? Of course not. I was on my rocker when the girl in front of me began to squeal. “It's really you!” My eyes widened at the girl in front of me. This wasn't happening.

“I know!”

“You're here!”

“I know!”

“In the flesh!”

“I know!

“You're blond!” I leaped forward and jumped into her arms and let tears fall as we laughed. I could feel her walk us into the house, I couldn't let go.

I jumped back down onto my feet as we looked at each other. We both let out an ear piercing scream that more than likely surprised all the boys in the living room. Liam popped out from the corner with a confused look on his face. When he realized who it was, he gave a small smile and came to Holly for a hug. He knew who she was and how she helped me and Liam could never hate someone who helped save me. - Or tried.

“Mr. Payne, look at you, all grown up,” Holly let herself hug Liam back before linking her arm into mine.

Liam laughed as the other boys came around, “Wow, you still have that accent don't you? It's sounding pretty nice, you might as well just move here, yeah?”

Holly smirked, “Well, I've actually been thinking about doing something like that. The jobs that I have been looking for are all based around this location.”

“So this is why you're here?” I asked.

“Most definitely not! I came here to see my lovely best friend, whom I haven't seen you in so long!” Holly wrapped me in another hug before turning her attention to the other boys who had appeared in the room. “Well, look at this, Lana as all the boys lining up for her don't we?” I accidentally snorted at her comment, making the boys look at me cautiously.

“I am just so glad you came, Holly, I have missed you so much.” I knew how the boys were going to react to this. Most likely surprised that I was actually talking in more than one word sentences. I was smiling, laughing, and crying – a good cry. I would have been surprised myself, but now that I could hide who I really was, and only show who I once was, it began to ease on me and it wasn't as hard. I looked over at the boys, “Guys, this is my best friend Holly from college. Holly, you know the boys.” Holly smirked, giving each of the boys a small wink. I rolled my eyes and pulled on her arm. “We will be upstairs, don't bother us.”

~

“I can't believe we are actually doing this,” I mumbled to Holly as we walked out to the porch where the rest of the boys, including their friend Grimmy sat, drinking beers and laughing at stupid jokes that they deemed to be hilarious.

Holly rolled her eyes and gave me a reassuring smile, “Babe, you don't have to drink a lot, not like you use to. I'll watch after you.”

“Yeah,” I scoffed, rolling my eyes as we got to our seats around the table, “the last time you said you'd watch over me when we drank, I passed out in the elevator of a hotel – no where close to where we even lived!” Holly took a sip of her beer and laughed, tilting her head back as she remember the funny memory.

“Piss off, Lana, I promise this time, I will try,” We got to our seats and apparently interrupted the boys conversation because Liam looked up and smile.

“Look who it is, Sexy number one, and sexy number two!” Louis laughed harder than he should at his drunken words.

“How pissed are all of you?” I asked quietly, my eyes shifting to Harry who had moved right next to me. Holly handed me a beer, I looked down at it, debating on my actions.

“Louis is such a lightweight, and we are just getting started,” Grimmy chuckled, winking over at the only girls in the group.

Louis barked out a laugh, “HA! Grimmy you fucking bloke, you're the light weight, in two minutes you'll be gone. HA!” Niall began to laugh, giving it a sign that he was almost well gone.

Harry pulled the beer out of my hand, I looked up in confusion. “Just opening it up for you, love,” I watched his hands pop open the cap effortlessly. After handing it back to me I took a few sips, and minutes later I could feel the affects of the drink. Holly was already on her third by the time the moon came out.

“I HAVE AN IDEA!” Grimmy sputtered out his drink as he yelled. Harry and the boys rolled their eyes, as if they knew how original Grimmy really was.

“And that idea would be?” Liam prodded, sipping his drink again.

“Let's play Never Have I Ever!” The boys began to groan at his idea.

“Such bullocks, Grimmy, that is such a child's game!” Zayn whined. Holly laughed loudly out of no where causing me to giggle.

Grabbing my beer, Holly shoved it towards my mouth, “Let's play this lovely game and get proper fucked like the old days in college!” My eyes widened at what she had just said.

“Lana, it would be responsible of me to yell at you for your choices, but,” I watched Liam and he carefully chose his words, “well, what the hell, let's play this damn game!”

Grimmy cheered which caused Louis to wake up from his drunken sleep, yelling, “WHERE DID YOU PUT THE CHIPS?!” He wiped the slobber off his face and straightened up in his chair. “Well, what have I missed,” he shrugged off this recent scene but getting another beer.

“Never have I ever, Louis. Two years ago we did this thousands of times, and I think we should bring it back, don't you, Harry?” Grimmy stared intently at Harry, who shrugged. He looked at me, my uncomfortable position slightly changing under his gaze.

“It's up the the girls,” He said.

“Of course, I would love to know One Direction's dirty little secrets!” Holly giggled as her hand grabbed mine. Everyone looked at me, waiting for my answer.

My eyes widened as I shook my head, “Oh don't leave this up to me. I'll watch you guys play, I'd honestly rather not.”

The boys scoffed, minus Harry who stared at me with gentle eyes. “Oh come on, you wanker, just play! No one will remember this in the morning anyways. We all have guilty consciences, we will all be fucked!” Grimmy grinned at me and handed me another beer. I sighed, as uncomfortable as this was, maybe the drinks would really fuck with the boys' heads and make them forget. But I hoped anything that was said, didn't put me out there.

“Alright alright, never have I ever shaved my balls.” Louis let out a loud laugh before taking a drink of his beer. I watched as all of the boys took a drink of their beer.

“You dirty blokes,” I mumbled, shifting in my seat. Zayn chuckled while he put his thinking face on.

The boys looked around, smirking at one another as they each chose something to say. “Never have I ever made out with a stranger,” Holly's voice was beginning to slur as she spoke up. She laughed as Grimmy and Harry took a drink of their beers again. I tried not to look hurt. But it wasn't like we were dating or anywhere close. I needed to shrug it off.

“Oh c'mon you all really suck with this!” Niall complained, taking a voluntary gulp of his drink. She expected him to dare her to do something sexual but she guessed wrong. “Never have I ever kissed someone on the first date.” He drunk some of his whiskey and smiled after wards, waiting for the results.

My eyes wandered around as Grimmy, Harry, Holly, and Louis took another sip. I shouldn't have been surprised when Harry took a drink, maybe he wasn't who I thought he was. After everyone took a sip, they all looked over at me with wary eyes, all except for Liam, who gave me a gentle smile. “What?” I snapped. “I've never been on a date, who cares?”

“Technically,” Harry began, “The carnival counts, in a sort of way,” I rolled my eyes and stared down at my drink, which was shaking in my nervous clammy hands.

“Why aren't you drinking still, Lana?” Louis prodded, he was trying to dig into my personal life and I wasn't enjoying it. The others began to push me further while Liam and Holly opened their mouths to defend me.

“Piss off, guys. It's Lana's turn anyways,” Holly grumbled, her hand still held onto mine, squeezing lightly as if to tell me things would be okay. I couldn't believe it.

“Um,” I gulped, peeking up at Holly who was ushering me to continue. “Never have I ever, um, been kissed...” I watched, hoping that someone would join me in this lonesome pathetic drink. I sighed when no one joined, and took a huge gulp of my drink. Harry stared at me with gentle, eyes, but he was surprised.

“You've never been kissed?!” Grimmy yelled out, covering his mouth after realizing what he had just said. I groaned, taking another shot of my drink, hoping to drown out everything else.

“Hey, knock it off. I find it cute,” His deep husky voice gave me chills; I looked up to another cheshire cat smile, but I didn't exactly smile back. I was embarrassed.

“Alright, let's get on with it!” If I could kiss Liam, I would have in that moment.

Everyone looked at Harry, expecting him to speak. “Never have I ever not had sex.”The whole group began to laugh outrageously, making jokes about virgins and how good they'd be for a nice fuck. I felt sick to my stomach, I suddenly wanted to disappear and drown in my tears. I watched as every single one of them took a large drink. And then eyes were on me, waiting. Realization set in seconds later.

“The girl's a bloody virgin!” Grimmy laughed out loud, slapping a hand on his knee. I gulped, I could feel the tears begin to sting my eyes. Harry looked at me, shocked. And I didn't like the look on his face at all. I felt disgusting, like being who I was, was a part of the plague.

“I think I'm going to bed, I'm tired.” I mumbled, more to Holly than to anyone else. I threw my bottle down and ran into the house, slamming the back door loudly and leaping up the stairs to my humble abode. I locked the door and then ran into my bathroom, where I leaned into the sink, watching tears drop into the marble. I felt my chest begin to heave and the realization set in at what just happened. I tried not to sob at how pathetic I really was.

A minute later I heard a knock on my bed room door, a low voice mumbling my name. I left my bathroom and unlocked my door to find Harry leaning on the frame. His face changed when he saw the tears that still fell down my face. “Lana. . .”

“I don't need your fucking pity, Harry. I'm fine.” I began to shut the door but Harry's hand stopped it. He stepped into my room and walked over to my bed where he mad himself comfortable. “Get out, Harry.”

Harry frowned, “Lana, I came to see if you were alright,”

“Like I said, I'm fine, now leave.” I wiped my face with the back of my hand and pulled on Harry's arm to try and get him up.

Harry sighed and sat up right so he was sitting in front of me. “Grimmy is a very out spoken person, Lana. And he doesn't know you well, so he didn't know. He feels horrible now, even though the bloke is proper pissed now. No one knew, Lana, and everyone is sorry.”

“Sorry? You're sorry? Because making fun of virgins and being completely derogatory towards them definitely shows how bloody sorry you are.” My lip began to quiver as my voice got louder.

“Lana! That wasn't it at all! Sure, they joked around but that's how they get when they've been drinking.” Harry pulled me closer to him.

“I've learned a lot about you tonight Harry. Sure I heard rumors about you but I didn't think they'd be true.”

Harry looked incredulous, “What in the world are you talking about, Lana!” I let out a sarcastic laugh and shoved him away. He was being unbelievable.

“I just... I don't know. I'm being ridiculous, I've been drinking. I'm a pathetic drunk Harry, just please forget about this.” Harry leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

“You know I was never judging you, right? I prefer the pure birds, and I don't like the hook ups, so don't think that that's why I'm talking to you.” I was confused about his words, but then again we were both drunk, and I wasn't all too worried anymore.

“I'm sorry,” I whispered as Harry pulled me close to him.

“No need to be sorry, love. It's very understandable. But you're tired, so you should get some sleep, yeah? I'll tell Holly to head up here for a cuddle.” I smiled up at Harry, thankful for right now. I nodded as I curled up on my bed. Again he kissed my forehead before leaving me alone with my thoughts. Moments later I felt cold harms wrap around me and give me a kiss on the cheek.

“You're perfect, Lana, never think any less. Goodnight, love.” Holly wrapped me closer in her arms while I drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally introducing Holly, and Grimmy is in this one.
I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it took me awhile to write but I'm pretty proud of this one. This really brings out a lot of Lana's insecurities and makes her feel like an outcast.

Please leave comments, share this with other, subscribe and rec!
It means the world to me when you guys comment and tell me what you think - plus it helps motivate me to update!

Love you guys. xx