Status: Might add some other strange short stories to this (:

Strange Story Collection

Dystopia

Aurora stood, bathed in a vibrant blue light. Trees crowded around her, their spindly branches reaching for her. She shivered as a chilling breeze whispered through the clearing, causing her dress to puff out around her. Her black hair spilled down her back in cascading curls and her pale skin seemed to glow in the eerie blue light. The soft grass rustled gently around her ankles and sea green leaves fluttered in the breeze.

She looked up into the sky, tilting her head back to reveal a smooth slender neck. The sky was a deep midnight blue dotted with pin point sparkles of a bright blue. Small white clouds seemed to swim in the sky, leaving trails of soft cotton.

Aurora sighed happily, she loved this place. It was her little get away, her escape, her safe haven...

Carefully she grasped the flimsy, wispy material of her sliver dress between her forefingers and thumbs and padded toward a twisting path that was so very familiar.

As she headed toward it she felt a small wave of dread wash over her. She shook her head, confused at this sudden feeling. She continued on and soon stepped onto the path. She stopped and peered down the winding track. It led deep into the trees and the more it went down, the darker it got. The light from the twinkles of blue in the sky caused jagged shadows to be cast across the path.

Without anymore hesitation Aurora stepped onto the cool packed dirt of the path, the feel of it tickling the bottoms of her feet. She continued to hold her dress up daintily and headed down this trail to everywhere, yet nowhere.

As Aurora walked, she thought. She thought about the strange feeling that had come over her before. She wondered why this path seemed so very familiar. She could have sworn she had never travelled down it before. She kept getting this feeling of déjà-vu and she didn’t like it. This place was beginning to adopt an air of menace. The trees no longer seemed graceful in the way they twisted to the sky but instead seemed to loom at her, wanting to take her down into a dark dank nothing. Her arms were covered with goose bumps as she headed deeper and deeper into the dense black. She willed herself to stop, to turn back, but she couldn’t. Her feet kept her moving forward, as if drawn in by an unknown force. It felt as if ice cold fingers were caressing her spine and terror was building up inside her, seeming to settle in the very marrow of her bones.

Just then a sound to her right caught her attention. She whirled in the direction of the noise, but saw nothing. She dropped her dress, letting it fall and gather around her feet. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked around nervously, eyes darting from shadow to shadow. She felt something fondle her hair and she spun to find only the lonely trees staring back at her. Her breathing was becoming short and she could feel her chest tightening. She wanted to run, to escape, but no matter how hard she tried she could not will her body to move.

Suddenly something sent her reeling backwards. She landed on the hard packed dirt with a thud. The breath rushed out of her a pain filled whoosh. Wheezing she scrambled to her feet and began to run back towards the clearing. As she ran her dress became caught on stray branches and tore. Sweat poured down her face and into her eyes causing her vision to become blurry. She blinked trying to restore her vision but it didn’t work.

Still gasping Aurora reached the clearing which was now just a blurry blue-green empty space to her. She collapsed, sinking into the soft waving grass. She looking into the sky which seemed to swim before her eyes.

Just then a great looming shape hunched over her. She opened her mouth in shock and stared unwillingly at this giant thing. She felt the air being pulled out of her, her chest rising and falling as this creature sucked it out.

She was becoming faint and in her daze she could hear a shrill beeping. Over this she could hear her name being called over and over again in a faraway wispy voice. And just as her eyes were about to close and plunge her into absolute black she was pulled into a sitting position.

Her eyes flew open but instead of looking into the face of her mysterious attacker she was looking at the white walls of her hospital room. She felt someone squeezing her hand. She looked over to see her mother whispering her name over and over again, head bent, eyes closed.

Suddenly she felt her chest tighten again and her breath came out in wheezing gasps. Her mother looked up, eyes frightened and franticly pushed the nurses’ station button. Aurora could hear the shrill beeping again and looked over to see she was hooked to a machine. It’s dials were jumping erratically and it continued its screaming beeps.

Just then she felt a giant heaving in her stomach and then her dinner was in her lap. She began to cry, the tears hot and salty on her cheeks.

Then a doctor burst into the room and then everything went black...

Aurora stood, bathed in a vibrant blue light. Trees crowded around her, their spindly branches reaching for her. She shivered as a chilling breeze whispered through the clearing, causing her dress to puff out around her. Her black hair spilled down her back in cascading curls and her pale skin seemed to glow in the eerie blue light. The soft grass rustled gently around her ankles and sea green leaves fluttered in the breeze.

Aurora sighed happily, she loved this place. It was her little get away, her escape, her safe haven...

Carefully she padded toward a twisting path that was so very familiar...

* * *

Aurora’s mother watched her daughter’s now sleeping face. She looked so peaceful, but even she knew that Aurora could not escape her illness, not even in her dreams.

With a sigh, she rested her head next to her daughter’s and fell asleep, a completely dreamless abyss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, something I wrote for English. This was for last years Utopia/Dystopia topic. I, as you could probably tell from the heading and content, decided on Dystopia. I just LOVE this creepy stuff.

Also, on a different note, if any of you lovely readers have a really creepy short story, feel free to message me and if it's totally FAB, I shall add it as one of the chapters to this collection (of course you will get all the credit for your work!). I will put the link to your profile and some of your other stories in to this little section here. So please feel free to "hit me up". Ta-ta, my little lemon drops ^_^