Status: Active!

Behind the Lines

Chapter 12

It is prank week at the pack house. Everyone participates, including the young ones and the elderly. I still remember the third week I was here and I woke up to my hair died a bright, Nicki Minaj pink and my walls spray painted a neon green that glowed in the dark. Everyone else learnt two things that day. One; I would not make a good Nicki Minaj, and two; do not mess with the prank queen. I grew up with five brothers. If I have learnt anything from that, it is to sleep with your eyes wide open.

As payback, after I found out Kyle and Xavier were behind the prank, I put super glue in their shampoo. They had to shave off all the hair on their heads and I had to wait a month for all the pink to come off. Any other dye would have made it last even longer, which was weird. Let’s just say that we did not go out of the house for the whole month.

The cool part about prank week is that we are allowed to invite friends from other packs. Teens and adults all invite over their friends and relatives that they know from different packs. Prank week is the one week when the house is absolutely full and we actually have to share rooms and blow up air mattresses. I do not know who started that ritual, but it is an actual blast.

The thing about prank week is that with our werewolf senses, we have to be extremely sneaky with our pranks. And we usually are. People come up with pranks that make you stay on your radar. We use special “perfumes” that will block off our scents or even make us fall into a deep sleep. That is how Mason and Xavier did their prank on me. Every prank comes to you as a surprise. But whenever no one is getting punk’d or planning their next scheme, we are all mingling with one another, and sometimes people will find their mates if they are invited from another pack!

I never invite anyone since I do not know anyone from another pack and one is this pack are friends with anyone from the Red Sun Pack. I really want to invite Blaine, as well as Claire, but for one; they might not want anything to do with me, and two; they might tell Landon where I am, if he is still trying to find me. I know I will never know until I try, but I do not want to take any chances.

Caleb has also invited two friends over. They used to be in Caleb’s old pack, but moved away for some unknown reason.

The one rule about prank week is that you cannot tell anyone the name of your guest. We play an introduction game a day before prank week starts, which is today, and everyone should be arriving shortly. The introduction game basically takes place during the campfire we have in the evening and everyone has to tell their name and come up with a really creative description of themselves in one or two sentences, so we have time for everyone to go. The more creative you are the better chance you have at being on a better prank group. If you are creative, you are bound to have good ideas for pranks.

Most people want to get on a team so they have more “protection,” but there are a handful of people who go solo, like Rob, Gavin and me.

Speaking of Rob and Gavin, I asked them why we have prank week. They said it is to “maintain a fun-loving environment through means of war.” Not my words, Gavin’s. I swear men do not make sense.

We have it once every month, whenever there is nothing going on, just to keep the love between the members here and of other packs. Why cannot we just go on a camping trip like normal people? Wait… we are not normal people. That’s why.

Though it is fun, I do not question that. In the end, all we have is paint, shaving cream, dye, and whatever else is needed pranks, all over the floors, walls, lamps, and sometimes, in the pool.

“Come on, Journey! Just join my team this once!” Caleb begs for the millionth time this week. In the week that I have learnt to know him, I have learnt that is a very cool, down to earth guy, but also very persistent.

“Caleb… for the millionth time… No,” I emphasize.

“But you’re my girlfriend!” he reasons.

“So? I always go solo on prank week,” I explain.

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please?”

“Nope.”

“Pretty please with a cherry on top?”

“Ew, cherries! Of course not.”

“Pretty please with ice cream and lava cake?”

“Okay!” I say cheerfully, but sarcastically. Unfortunately, my boyfriend believes that I actually agreed.

“Really?” Caleb replies with wide eyes.

“No!” I yell, stomping off into the kitchen where the rest of the gang is.

“Oh come on!” Caleb stomps from behind me, acting like a child.

I turn around and cross my arms over my chest with my eyebrow raised.

“What are you? Five?”

“Only for you, babe,” he winks, coming up to me and giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I roll my eyes at his childlessness and take a seat in between Violet and Xavier, who are eating chocolate chip pancakes. I take a plate that is set aside for me in the middle and start the wonderful breakfast. There is no training of prank week, partially because no one trusts each other, and partially because we have to entertain more than a hundred people, whether we know them or not.

Caleb sits in the last open chair, between Harmony and Gavin, right across from where I am sitting. He crosses his arms and looks at me with sad, puppy dog eyes and pouts. Did I mention how cute he is? And I still win this game.

“Is he pestering you again?” Xavier smirks.

“Xavier? You know what pester means?” Caleb smirks, and we all laugh at his comment, except for Xavier.

“Hey! I know a lot of big words! Don’t underestimate me,” he threatens.

“I know. We don’t have to,” Gavin laughs, high fiving Caleb.

“You guys are mean,” Xavier says. Now it is his turn to pout.

“Only for you, Xav,” Caleb smiles.

“So, did everyone invite a friend over?” Kyle asks, changing the topic.

“Yes.”

“Yup! I’m so excited!”

“You know it, man.”

“Yessum!”

“Nope.”

I think you can guess who said “nope.”

“Aw, Journey, you didn’t invite anyone?” Harmony asks.

“No, she never does. She’s a loner with no friends,” Xavier jokes.

I punch him on the shoulder and he cradles his injury with his other arm.

“Why are you all so violent with me?” Xavier exclaims.

“Because you’re an idiot,” everyone says at the same time, all in monotone voices like this was the answer to the easiest question in the world. Actually, it is.

“You’re mean,” Xavier pouts again.

We all roll our eyes and Violet continues the conversation.

“Did you guys get all the supplies you need?”

There is a chorus of yes’s around the table.

“Hey Journey!” Mason yells, even though he is sitting two seats away from me.

“What Mason?” I say exasperatedly.

“Care to tell us what you have in store for us?”

“Yes, I do care?”

“Any tips?” he asks.

“Sleep with your eyes open,” I say seriously. That is the best advice you can give anyone on prank week.

“That’s it?” Mason asks.

“Yes.”

“Tell me your pranks,” he demands, putting his elbows on the table and resting his head on his hands, while batting his eyelashes like a girl.

“Uh… no,” I reply, rolling my eyes.

“Please?”

“No.

“Pretty please?”

“Ugh! You’re just as annoying as Caleb!”

“Hey!” Caleb yells, catching the insult.

“Hey!” I greet mockingly, waving my hand at him.

“You are such a nerd,” Riley mutters to me, but smiling at Johnston.

“And you are so whipped,” I counter, making her blush.

“Oh my god! Someone is whipping you? Who? Imma blow down that motherfucker like the little bitch he is!” Piper yells. I told you, she is not the sharpest crayon in the box. But she does provide entertainment.

“No Piper, Being whipped means to be so deep in love, you would do anything for them, even if it is the stupidest thing ever,” Gavin explains, rolling his eyes at Pipers stupidity.

“No it doesn’t! It is a torture method! My poor Riley is being tortured and I never knew about this!” she slams her fists on the table making everything shake.

“Piper. Chill out. It is just an expression,” Bryn explains, very slowly.

“Oh,” Piper finally understands and relaxes in her seat.

“Anyway,” I start and all heads turn to me, “when does everyone get here?” I ask,

“In about three hours. The buses we sent are picking them up at the same time,” Gavin explains.

I nod my head in understandment.

“Do you guys want to do something fun?” Mason asks with an evil glint in his eyes.

“What are you thinking of?” Riley asks hesitantly. Whenever Mason has an idea, it always ends up in chaos. I do not even know why we listen to him, but I think it is because of the thrill we get from his ideas.

“I am thinking about creating booby-traps for our guests in their rooms. What’s a better way to start prank week?” he smirks, obviously knowing we are going to agree on such an amazing idea.

We all look at each other before turning back to face Mason.

“Let’s do it,” Gavin smirks.

~~~~~~~

Three hours later, and we are finally finished setting everything up with no time to spare. The buses we sent to pick up everyone should be here in about ten minutes and all of girls are spraying a scent disguiser in all of the rooms that we have booby-trapped. The scent disguiser gets rid of the scents in the room and it will seem as if no one has entered to the room.

After five more minutes, Riley, Piper, Harmony, and I wait for Violet to finish spraying the last room. Right when she gets out of the room, we go to her room to put the bottles of spray, and then bolt all the way down to the basement/entertainment room, where all the boys are waiting for us, watching a movie. We promised we would meet them there, and when our guests would come, it would seem as if we were always watching the movie.

We find the boys on the couches in front of the television watching “The Lion King.” Oh, how I love that movie. The three girls take the only remaining seats in the house, leaving me with no seat.

Caleb sees me standing up and pats his lap as an indication for me to sit there. I go towards him and give him a quick peck on the lips before sitting on his lap and getting comfortable. He wraps his arms around me waist and puts his chin on my shoulder, kissing my neck briefly. We snuggle closer together and watch the movie.

After two minutes of watching, Piper speaks up.

“Who the hell picked this movie?” she complains. If there is anything she hates in the world, it is Disney movies. I do not know why, but that is Piper for you.

All the boys point to Gavin, who is laying down on his stomach in front of the television, deeply engrossed in the film, not even knowing that the attention is on him. That boy loves Disney movies more than anything in the world. You can do nothing to make him move until the movie is over. Whenever the younger kids in the pack house have a movie night, they usually watch Disney movies. Gavin always volunteers to watch over the kids, but we all know it is because he gets a chance to watch the movie. The adults do not know that yet, and he has blackmail on all of us, so we cannot tell.

While the movie plays, we watch Gavin sing along to “I Can’t Wait to be King,” which he knows all the words to, and can do a great impression of Zazu, the bird. It was quite hilarious, and Piper got it all on tape for blackmail. I know she intends to use it this week. She always gets embarrassing videos of us then edits them to make pictures, then at the end of the day; she will put up a screen in the backyard and play the video. It is hilarious, yet frightening at the same time. You never know if they next day will be you or not.

After about ten minutes of watching the movie, we hear the bus finally arrive, and we all look at each other in mischief. They are so going to be surprised. The buses stop on the driveway outside, and I can hear all the people that are upstairs, opening the front door and greeting the people getting off the bus, or taking their luggage.

Women squeal when they see their friends, and their running footsteps can be heard across the asphalt so they can hug their friends. Men greet their friends by patting them on the back, and I can picture them all doing that one armed man hug thing they do.

Yes, I know all of this just by listening.

“Do you think we should go up to find our friends?” Harmony asks.

“Nah, they’ll just sniff us out,” Violet answers.

We continue to watch the movie for a few minutes before we hear several footsteps come running down the stairs to the basement.

“Gavin Matthew Sanders! Don’t tell me you still watch those Disney movies! Man, that is just gay,” a voice booms from behind the couch. We all look over, except for Gavin who just shushes his friend, not even taking the insult. Behind the couch, is a very big, buff guy, who is very good looking, but way too ripped for my liking. Well, all werewolves are good looking. We can all be models if we wanted to.

The guy rolls his eyes at Gavin’s ignorance and waves a high to all of us, before taking a seat on the floor next to Gavin. Many people follow suit and wave hi to their friends and everyone else in the room, before trying to find a spot on the floor.

I look around the room to see Bryn looking at someone behind me with love and dread in his eyes. I know he has found his mate but I do not know why he is scared. My eyebrows furrow before turning around in Caleb’s lap and looking at Bryn’s mate.

My heart completely sinks when I see who it is, and my eyes widen while my jaws drop.

Bryn’s mate does not notice me gaping at him, but the person next to him does.

“J-Journey?” she stutters.

“Claire?” I gasp. “Blaine?” I say.

Once he hears his name, Blaine snaps out of Bryn’s gaze and he looks down at me and gasps, his expression mimicking mine.

“Oh my god…” he trails, a hand going over his mouth, and an unreadable expression filling his face.

This can either be very good, or very bad.

The thing is…. I have no idea which one it is.
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaine and Claire are back by popular demand!!!!!!! Yay!!!

Now, to see if they will reject her or accept her!

Anyone have any prank ideas they would like to share?????

Important!!!! Next Monday, I will be leaving to visit my family and friends in India for a month. I have NO idea when I will be able to update, but I will try to update every day this week, and whenever I can when I am on vacation. But when I get back, I will promise you weekly updates!!!!!!!