Status: evolving

Tell Me Another Lie

Chapter 2

-Today-

“Nick, you’re leaving me. All by myself. For two months.” I was sitting on the side of what was technically his bed, but was actually the bed that we shared almost every night. At the beginning of the year, I stopped living in my beat up apartment and moved in with Nick. See, me and Nick had a… special relationship.

For a minute, he stopped packing the rest of his clothes to come over and comfort me. I really would be alone for these two months, the Maine was still off on their own tour, and the Summer Set was off at the studio recording. I had no one. “Dakota, I wouldn’t be leaving you if I thought that you would shrivel up and die living in this house by yourself. And there are such things as webcams and cell phones. Plus, there’s a stop in town during about the middle of the tour.

I looked down at his hands in mine. I knew that him leaving wasn’t the most horrible thing that could happen. But with him gone, I just felt out of place. I don’t think that I had any real friends outside of A Rocket to the Moon, the Maine, or the Summer Set. I only had co-workers, and I didn’t even talk to them much. “I know, I just really don’t want you to leave.” He leaned down and kissed me, obviously trying to distract me. “Nicholas Santino, that’s not gonna work. I’ll still miss you.”

Before I knew what he was doing, Nick tackled me backwards so that I was lying flat on the bed and climbed on top of me. “Oh yeah? And what if I do this?” I didn’t even respond as I felt his lips on my neck. He had succeeded in distracting me, and he chuckled. Some part of me was barely conscious of my shirt being pulled over my head. His kisses trailed lower and lower until they reached the button on my shorts. Before he got any farther, I pulled him up and started wrestling with the buttons on his own shirt, finally getting enough of them undone to pull it over it head. In a rush, I pulled his lips back down to meet mine as my hands fell down to meet with the button of his jeans. In my excitement, I fumbled with it before I actually got his jeans off of him. Somehow, he had also gotten my shorts off of me and was working with the clasp of my bra, which he had no problem with. It was only a matter of time before the both of us were completely without clothing. Soon enough, I had forgotten all about how he was leaving me the next day.

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. I couldn’t even hear the sound of water running in the shower or pots clanking in the kitchen. Tears were forming in my eyes as I clutched the blanket around me. Had he really already left? Why wouldn’t he have said goodbye? I pulled the sheet around me and ventured out into the hallway.

“Nick?” I called. No answer. I called his name again before I let the tears start to roll down my face. I walked over to the couch and just sat there. How could he have left without saying goodbye?

I heard the noise of a front door opening and closing. I quickly shot around to see who was there.

My hopeful looked was ruined when the ginger wasn’t the one to walk through the door. “Halvo? What the hell? I thought you all left?” The skinny boy was now walking towards me, with a bagel in his mouth.

“Yeah, and I thought that you would actually have clothes on. We’re leaving in like a half hour. Nick ran out to the store ‘cause he realized that we had like no edible food to keep on the bus.”

I stared in shock and happiness as I scrambled to my feet to get dressed. Making sure that the sheet was secure around me, I ran back to the room that was actually mine to get dressed. He hadn’t left me yet! I knew that there was no hope whatsoever of getting him to stay, but I still couldn’t help but wish that he wasn’t leaving me. I opened my closet door to look for a shirt, and to my surprise, only a few of my very old and never worn shirts were still left hanging. I went over to my dresser, and found much of the same. I pulled out a pair of underwear and a bra from the top drawer, and a pair of shorts from one of the bottom ones. I went back over to my closet and searched for a somewhat decent shirt. Where the hell did all of my clothes go?

“HALVO! WHAT DID YOU DO?” I shouted through the house. All I heard was laughter. On my way out of my room to go yell at Halvo, Nick appeared.

“Hurry up, we’re gonna miss the bus!”

This reminder of his leaving only made me more upset and more of the tears from before started spilling. “But Halvo messed with all of my clothes and if I don’t kill him now, I may not get them back.”

Nick chuckled and shook his head. “No, we’re gonna miss the bus, as in, if you don’t get your skinny little ass onto that bus, we’re gonna leave without you.”

Happiness overwhelmed me as I jumped to hug Nick. After my screaming subsided, I came back to the realization that I still needed to find a shirt. Once Nick set me down, he turned and ventured off to the direction of his bedroom, and Halvo appeared from around the corner.

*whistles* “Oh hot dayum, Dakota’s the jayumm, she goes on peanut butter toast!”

“Halvo, I’m warning you. Just remember what kind of pain I can inflict on you while you’re on tour.” Halvo and I also have an interesting relationship. Even though most of our time together is spent antagonizing and tormenting one another, he’s the closest I’ve ever actually had to a big brother.

“Oh, Dakota, you can’t even kill a wasp when it’s in the house, you wouldn’t hurt me.” Even as he said this, he had to run and duck as I aimed for his head.

Nick came back laughing, his Dodges shirt in hand. “Here, I stole all of your clothes this morning while you were asleep and packed them. I forgot to leave out a decent shirt for you though, so here’s one of mine.

I closed the distance between us and kissed him. “Thanks,” I told him as I paused to pull the shirt over my head.

He pulled me in for a hug. “No problem. It’s gonna be so great having you on tour with us this time. I would’ve really missed you. Oh, and you look incredibly hot in my shirt, just so ya know.” I looked up and kissed him one last time before we were called out to hurry and get on the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIPTION
and i'll post the next chapter.
come on guys, do it.