Status: Will update as much as possible.

Sweeter Than Heaven

Prologue

Delphina left work, the wind rushing around her. The night sky was black, no stars in sight; the city lights drowning them out. A gust of wind blew up her jacket, goosebumbs trickling up and down her body. She hustled to her car, eager to get in and turn on the heater.

The heat hit her skin, sinking deep into her bones. She sat quietly, listening to the hum of the engine, before pulling out of the parking lot to get onto the highway. She drove in the fast lane, hoping to get home as soon as possible. She was sleep deprived, and the only thing that she wanted was to be in her warm bed.

Delphina looked to her right, preparing to merge so she could get to her exit. A bright light shone in face just before she heard the crunching of her car door. Within seconds she could feel herself smashing into her car that was being pushed against the concrete barrier. Her head slammed against her window, the glass shattering around her. Blood was pouring out of her head. She could feel all the broken bones inside of her. Everything was fuzzy and she was being pulled in and out of reality. She closed her eyes, trying to forget the pain.

When she opened her eyes again, she was looking at her car, or what once was a car. With the damage it had sustained, you couldn’t even tell what it was. Firemen pulled off her roof with the Jaws of Life and attempted to pull out her mangled body.

What is going on?

The firemen pulled her lifeless body into the ambulance, leaving Delphina to watch them leave her all alone.