Status: Shared Story! .. Layout isnt working for me, I give up! Sorry it's ugly!

Slipping Through My Finger Tips

Memories of the Past

Lucas Hill walks in just then and I couldn't believe my eyes. I must've been staring because when he looked at me he gave me a weird look saying "can I help you?". I quickly shy away, but I still feel Cherri's eyes on me, cold as ice. She's had a crush on him since forever I shouldn't have looked, boy am I going to hear about that later and I'm going to have to make a lame joke. Well look who's grumpy now! Miss Grumpy Gills. Of course she'll laugh and move on, she's not one to hold a grudge, thank goodness for that.

I open my notebook and pretend to write notes while Mrs.Dunlap teaches whatever this class is. Calculus or something, yet again another subject I'm no good at. I sigh and look out the classroom window and out to the old tire swing that hangs from the old oak. No one's allowed on it anymore, but yet they allow it to hang. Memories come buzzing back to me. Some are a little scruffy on the edges, but some are clear as day.

I was fourteen when I first met Lucas and it was a very sunny day. The heat was extravegant and the breeze was non-existent.

"Hello," he had said, "my name's Lucas, Lucas Hill." My eyes flashed him a once over and finally rested on his eyes while he waved to the spot beside me on the tire swing. "May I?" I kept my eyes steady on him wondering what would even make him look at me, but I nodded and he sat. "It's hot out." He spoke clearly and confidently, something I was never good at. I just nodded again. I saw him smile in my peripherals and look at me. "You don't talk much, huh?" My eyes wander to his and I smile a little and shake my head. He gives my hand a gentle squeeze placing a little note inside and stands up. "Well, when you're ready I'd really like to know you're name." With that he left and I sat soundlessly on the tire swing with my lonesome self squeezing the paper in my grasp gently making sure this is real and not just a pigment of my imagination. It's real so I look down at the now crumpled ball of paper in my hand and I slowly unwrap it.

1-223-545-8565

"Ms Collins." The teacher clears her throat loudly and Cherri nudges me as I come back to reality. I look around the room thoroughly and notice everyone's staring at me. "Ms Collins." My eyes race to the teachers. "Thanks for re-joining us, now if you could all flip to page..." That's all I hear before I realize someone's staring at me, I glance up at Lucas and there his eyes are. Watching me with casuality yet confusion. I smile a little, but get nothing in response except the cold shoulder. I don't blame him, I wouldn't want to smile back at the person who never ended up calling me just to even tell me their name either.

"Wimp." I mutter to myself as I start doing my calculus questions.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wellll yea..someone didn't give me much to go off of. I hope you like this chapter! Hopefully my co-writer will be able to go from here easily :)
Enjoy!!