Status: Shared Story! .. Layout isnt working for me, I give up! Sorry it's ugly!

Slipping Through My Finger Tips

Here We go

"So there's a party tonight." Cherri looked at me with excitement in her eyes. I take a drink of my chocolate milk and look around the room casually looking around at the kids I've grown up with and the kids I have yet to figure out who they are. "And you have to come with me...because..." My eyes rest on hers then. "It is at Lucas Hill's house!"

I panic on the inside, but I show nothing on the outside...I hope. "So hold on." I wipe my mouth with a napkin. "You want me to come with you, why? Lucas Hill hates me. We all see how he looks at me!"

Cherri rolls her eyes. "I want you to come because if you don't come I'm gunna have to go with Katie and Allison." Katie and Allison are a couple of nice girls, when they want to be that is. Cherri is only friends with them because they get her invited to all the 'cool kid' partie's and then Cherri invites me to them. I have only been to a few, but those few have been enough to make me stay clear of Lucas Hill when I'm at them.

This one halloween party last year, when Lucas was dating Claire, I went to it with Cherri and a bunch of her scene friends. I didn't know any of them, but they all knew me. How? Cherri..I assume. Anyways, at this party, I accidentally walked right into Lucas. I was about to fall over when he caught me, he helped me back up without realizing who I was. He started to apologize when he realized it was me. He stopped talking and I didn't say a thing. I just froze and Lucas just walked right by me to a group of his friends acting like nothing just happened.

At other partie's when I felt eyes on me I'd turn around and sure enough there he was, staring at me. I'd always make my way out of the room when he was there and I always did my best not to be in the same room as him, but it was really hard considering Cherri always wanted to be in the same room as him. Sometimes she would even go talk to him and I would just stand there across the room watching them. She always put a smile on his face and it caught me off guard everytime. I don't know what it is about Lucas Hill...but it's just everything about him.

"So I'll be over at six?" I just smile and nod.
"So what do you think I should wear tonight? Dress and heals? Or these leather tights and belly shirt? The heals and accessories match both." Cherri was huge on style and she had this perfect little body that I envied her for.

"Well, do you want to look like all the other girls there? Or do you want to stand out?" She gives me a sour look, of course she wants to stand out.

"Tights and shirt it is!" I laugh a little. Cherri is a funny girl.

I stand up and head towards my own closet. I already know what I'm wearing. Cherri told me already if she stands out I have to blend in so I grab the dress she bought me for my birthday a few months ago and I slip it on. It's casual, nothing fancy. I sit down infront of my mirror and study myself. I'm wearing a pure black dress and my long black hair flows down to blend in with my dress, but my hair won't blend for long.

Cherri opens the bathroom door with the turquoise hair dye in hand. "Well, lets do this."
I put the flat iron through my hair one final time and set it down. Cherri cut me straight across bangs and did my makeup so I have rosy cheeks, ruby lips, and natural eyes with only a little bit of mascara on my eyelashes. I'm a whole new person and suddenly the plain black dress on me looks more then casual. My hair no longer blends into my dress, it now makes me look sexy. I never thought dip dye would be my thing, but it really is.

Cherri pushes her boobs up a little more and looks at me. "Ready?" I nod and we put on our heels and leave the house. Lucas only lives two blocks down so we walk to his house. "Excited?" Cherri's purple lips shine in the moonlight.

I just shrug. "I mean, people will recognize me right? I didn't change too much did I?"

Cherri laughs. "Girl! You look like a new kid! Ane't nobody gunna know your name and if they do, props to them!"

I giggle a little. It was almost like a fresh start. "Well, as long as I'll be noticed." Cherri smiled at that.

"I'm glad you're done being shy."

I raise my eyebrows. "What?"

"Well, before, when I said if I stand out, you have to blend in. That was too push you to say no to me, to make you feel the need to be seen and you've finally done that. I'm just proud of you." Cherri smiles sweetly and I smile back. She always means well, never bad. This is why I envy her. She's so perfect. God, I love her. "Well, here goes nothing!" Cherri opens the door and we're greeted by a swarm of people.