The Devil’s Chivalry

“Justice belongs to those who claim it, but let the claimant beware lest he create new injustice by his claim and thus set the bloody pendulum of revenge into its inexorable motion”
~ Frank Herbert


The Woolgar family is a family that is socially famous, and wealthy through business and old money. High stature is important to each and every family member when it comes to the head of the household deciding the next heir. Beside the public’s opinion on the family’s reputation, the first priority to each member of the Woolgars is money, but what’s more important than that is control. Blood ties are all but nothing when it comes to being the next head. In plain view they may seem reserve and indifferent to the issues in the house, but in the shadows it’s a different story. Scandal thrives in the dark, fueled by greed, lust, trickery, and blackmail. All in order to climb to the top.

Even the children know the importance of power is within the family. It’s been drilled into them since day one with high class schools, foreign language tutors, and instrumental lessons. There is nothing that isn’t spent to help succeed. Yet what happens when the head of the family favors one child over the rest? What happens when that child’s very own sibling causes an accident with dark intentions? What happens when everything is taken from the favored child and is given to the sibling?

Hell breaks loose.


The moment Veronica’s twin, Raquel, set the summer house on fire was the start of it. The moment Raquel pushed Veronica into a room broke their trust. The moment Raquel smiled and locked Veronica in the smoked filled room changed their future.

Raquel took Veronica’s spot as future heir along with Veronica’s future fiancé. She only left Veronica with a ghastly burn from the side of her neck all the way down her back. At seven years-old Veronica learned that the devil favored no one. But with a little help from a man named Jude maybe, just maybe the devil may be kind to her.

When it comes to revenge there is no limit.

Image

I own all the characters, the idea is all mine and if I find out someone stole it-cause I will find out- I shall beat said person within an inch of their life. Haha jk, jk… No I’m serious, I’ll kill you. And I WILL make it look like an accident. You have been warned.

©Dying Rose2012
  1. Prologue
  2. One
    9 Months Earlier
  3. Two
    Warning! Brief sexual references ahead!