Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Seventeen: Jace

I went back into the room where I woke up and put my pants back on, followed by my shirt and boots. I had become uncomfortable being pretty much naked in front of Liam. Walking back out, I found that the coffee was done and he was currently standing on the small balcony of his apartment. Walking out, I stood next to him and nudged him, making him look down at me and give me a crooked grin.

"How you feeling?" he asked, looking back over the city. He looked so in thought, I almost didn't answer him.

"Better than I was last night," I replied, leaning on the railing and putting weight on my arms. "Sorry about that. I truly didn't intend on becoming a burden on you." Liam looked down at me and snorted, which caused me to engage in a fit of giggles.

"It was no issue. I understand the pain of loss," he said, his eyes seeming to darken a bit. I forced myself to calm down, grabbing his forearm gently. "I lost my mom when I was seventeen to suicide. That's another reason why I am working for my dad. I don't want something to happen to him and me not be able to say goodbye to him."

I wrapped my arms around him, causing him to stiffen a bit. He loosened up just a bit before gently wrapping his arms around me. Almost too quickly we pulled apart. I sighed and lifted myself onto the railing of the balcony, straddling it and looking out at the tall buildings. "How can you do that so easily ... with such grace?" Liam asked, making sure not to shake the railing too much.

"I learned a lot of various martial arts growing up. Zeth and I had signed up, seeing that if we were alone and were to get attacked, we could defend ourselves. I suppose you learn the grace and fluidity come with it," I replied, looking down at the streets below.

"Think you could teach me?" he asked with a chuckle, but I could tell there was a strong hint of seriousness in his voice. I jumped off the railing and grabbed Liam by the arm. Pulling him back into the apartment, I let go and pushed around the furniture until we had a reasonable amount of space to do something.

Removing my jacket and shirt, I watched as he removed his shirt as well and nearly moaned in ecstasy. He was built so perfectly, so beautifully, that I had to do everything in my power to act like I wasn't awed by him.

We started doing some warm-ups, that way we didn't pull anything during the training. As we did so, we talked about various things, leaning each other's likes and dislikes. I found myself getting more and more attracted to him -- and I was scared.