Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Two: Liam

I didn't have much time for anything other then school and collage,making time in the early morning to work out and run a bit before heading to school. I sighed deeply and leaned back in the chair,gazing down at my books "Everything alright son?" I heard my father speak behind me.

I turned and looked at him "Yea dad,just studying..you ok?" I asked,turning fully and standing up,walking to him. Since the death of my mother things have been rough for the both of us,though sometimes I'm not really sure worse for who..me or my father. My father kinda just drowned himself in work and me then I--I just distenced myself from anyone and everyone but my father.

"I'm alright son,getting ready to head to work..do you need anything before I leave?" He asked,standing by the door. I shook my head,closing my books.

"No..I'm thinking I'll go for a run...clear my head" I said. My father nodded and wished me a good night before leaving. After I heard the car disappear down the road. I changed into shorts and a wife beater,along with my tennis shoes and left,locking the house up behind me.

Time Elaspe

I kept running,passing my usual three mile mark without notice. I really didn't know where I was running until I found myself at my mother's grave. I sat down,panting lightly as I looked around. I could feel the sweat dripping down my face and chest,chilling with the close to winter air causing me to shiver.

I looked at the grave 'School's going well...I'm passing of course but the classes aren't that easy...Dad's doing alright I guess..he's been working hard.." I said softly before sighing and laying back beside her grave "I don't know what to do mom...I want to find someone but I never seem to have the time..well.." I sighed and closed my eyes "I never want to make the time I guess.." I added.

I stood up after a while and headed back towards home. I wanted a different life but I wasn't sure how different,I wanted a boyfriend but I never seemed to have the time for even myself.

What I didn't know was just how much my life was going to change..