Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Twenty-One: Jace

I awoke the next morning with the worst headache ever. I felt an arm draped at my waist, and looked behind me to see Liam. Sitting up immediately -- not giving a care at the moment if he woke up -- I felt my heart racing. I looked under the comforter and brought it down immediately, my eyes wide and heat rising in my cheeks.

Sliding out of bed, I slipped into some flannel pajama pants and ran out of the room and into the kitchen, immediately getting started on the coffee. As it brewed, I leaned on the counter, my head resting in my hands. "What the fucking hell..." I said, my hands running my face as I looked out the window above the sink.

I heard shuffling behind me, and I felt the heat in my face again. "What happened las-- oh, no." I turned around and looked at him, his face looking shocked and scared at the same time. "We didn't..."

"We did. I still feel a little ... sore," I replied, hoping up on the counter and wincing a little when I landed.

"Oh god, Nick's gonna kill me!" he said as his hands flew to his hair. I cleared my throat and he looked at me with curiosity and fear deep in his eyes.

"I don't think you're going to have to worry about him, remember? You pretty much broke up with him last night before we left for the bar," I said, light dawning on his eyes as he remembered.

"Oh, yeah," he said, scratching his head for a brief moment before relaxing his arms at his side. "In that case..." he started, walking over to me and placing a hand at either side of my thighs. He just barely had to lift himself to press his lips against my own. I cupped his face with my hands, and I was completely sure he could feel me trembling.

I know I shouldn't be so freaked out about this after last night, but we had been drinking. I really did like him, so much it hurt, but I was so scared about being in a relationship again. He picked me up, carrying me over to the couch and laid us down gently, the kiss not breaking.

Liam didn't try removing any clothing, just lay atop of me and kept kissing me tenderly, slowly. He pulled away and looked down at me, his green gaze nothing but gentle. He focused most of his weight on his hips as he looked at me.

"You're nervous ... and scared," he whispered, causing me to nod. "We'll take it slow. Deal?" I stared up at him for a long moment before nodding, unsure about everything right now. I jumped when I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I called as Liam got off of me. I swung my legs off the couch and headed for the door.

"Wesley." I opened the door and let him in, closing the door and facing the room. "Hey, Liam," he said, nodding his head towards him. Liam nodded back, not saying a word nor looking at Wesley. "I wasn't ... interrupting anything, was I?" Wes asked, looking between the two of us.

"No. We were just talking," I said, walking into the kitchen. "Coffee?" I asked, opening the cabinet in which held the cups.

"Sure," both men replied instantly. I chuckled to myself. I poured three cups, then turned around to face the two gentlemen.

"I know how you like your coffee, Wes, but how do you like it Liam?" I asked, Liam's gaze meeting my own.

"You were at my house the other morning, you remember," he replied, a small smile appearing on his face. I thought back and then it dawned on me -- just a bit of sugar.

Time Elapse

We we all sitting around in the living room, just talking as if we were the best of friends -- although, Wes and I pretty much were. I had my legs at my chest, my head resting on my knees and my coffee cup in my hands. "I hate your flexibility," Wes said, nudging me with his foot. I shrugged, giving him a look of 'you-wish-you-were-as-flexible-as-me'.

I set my coffee cup down and stood up, stretching and making a noise as I did so. I saw Liam staring at me in awe. I felt my cheeks get warm and then shot a quick side glance towards Wesley, who was watching Liam like a hawk.

Realizing I had no reason to be embarrassed, I bent down, placed my hand on the back of Liam's neck and pressed my lips to his. He was a little unresponsive at first, but quickly licked my bottom lip. I pulled away, and mouthed 'Later' before straightening up and walking towards the bathroom.